Part 57. Overwhelming Emotions - III

Jaddu noticed Rohit extremely silent as he had finished his dinner. He knew he was thinking about what he said to Virat.

"Don't think too much about it. Just take rest for sometime. He will come back, he always does to you", Jaddu said softly, yet he couldn't keep the sadness away from his voice which Rohit noticed.

"You are still bothered how Virat left, right? Even more than me leaving you guys", Rohit asked.

"You really want an honest answer? You have just woken up from fever. I don't want to stress you"

"Please tell me, it's already feeling so different and distant with Virat's behaviour to say the least", Rohit said feeling how everything was changed.

"It's not about more or less but the way you guys took decisions, it was harsh. You didn't think about us, I understand your decision at some point though I don't support it. You could have just called us, we would have been there with you at every step just like now we are. But you didn't and Virat what do I even say.."

Jaddu sighed, "He didn't even bother to ask us or me how did I feel without you, as we were always you know the duo who pranked on you. We three had a different bond Ro but you guys really didn't value it. More than value, you turn a blind eye which hurt me lot and for these decisions I will never forgive you guys", said Jaddu wiping a tear from his cheek.

Rohit felt so bad seeing Jaddu like that.

"Mahi bhai needed Virat, everyone needed him and why not? He had that ability to make everyone feel better. But instead each and every one of us was trying to understand his side, his emotions. Even now, I know he is going through a lot but it's his own mistakes Rohit. He left us, he pushed Anushka and Vamika away. I know the guilt is very heavy, I cannot even imagine, but his extreme decisions caused a lot"

"Continue please, I know there is much more to it", Rohit said as Jaddu was hesitating from sharing everything.

"You don't even know how Mahi bhai felt as a failure because none of you trusted him enough to share your problems with him. You don't have any idea how juniors felt. It's not always you guys got to be the hero, you could have been realistic and told us what was going on, may be this whole thing could have been avoided Ro", Jaddu said tiredly.

Jaddu couldn't handle it more, he wanted to leave the room but he couldn't as Rohit would be alone.

"You can go, I am here", Virat said entering the room and one look at him, Jaddu understood that he had heard everything.

Jaddu had no emotional capability at the moment to even console Virat or Rohit for that matter. He just nodded and was about to leave the room but stopped hearing Rohit's voice.

"Stop, don't go", Rohit said.

Jaddu turned being confused why Rohit stopped him.

"You know what, let's get this over with" Rohit said determinedly, "once and for all, I am too tired with these conversations to be honest. I just want this to end, whatever I want to know you got to tell me clearly and i will tell you what happened with me, let's end it", Rohit said snapping a little.

"Rohit", Virat intervened remembering Doctor's statement about his mental health.

"No, you shut up. You don't get to stop me today nor you will stop anyone. And even yourself, you got to tell everything", Rohit said sharply which made Jaddu and Virat both quiet.

Others entered the room hearing the noise, "what's going on?", Mahi asked.

"Tell me, tell us Virat why? Why did you leave everyone?", Rohit asked and everyone was surprised by the question.

As KL heard this question, he moved by Virat's side as he was standing near the window in the corner of the room.

"Ro, we don't need to do this!", Jaddu said remembering Virat's state.

"No I have had enough of this. I am a straight forward person and now I would like to know everything so we need to talk about this", Rohit said firmly leaving no room for argument.

"So tell us Virat, why did you leave everyone?", Rohit asked, he didn't know if understands Virat's decision, he surely understood his guilt but leaving his princess, Vamika, that was not done.

"I was selfish, I didn't care for anyone so I left. I was drowning in my own guilt, so it was better for everyone that they are off without me", said Virat. 

That tone just made KL realise and scared him that they are gonna be back to square one in Virat's case, there was gonna be relapse. 

"And you just left like that, you just left your own daughter-- Vamika alone? Didn't you had the realisation that she would need her father, her Dada?"

"Why would she need a pathetic man who couldn't even identify right or wrong?", Virat asked. 

Each word was making KL feel helpless that it would be no coming back from this. 

"And how did you kill Ryan?", Rohit asked earning gasps in the room. 

"Rohit--", KL began but Virat held his hand. 

"With my bare hands, knife slicing it on his veins", Virat answered coldly. 

"Say the truth Virat, were you really holding the knife or you made it so worse for Ryan that he killed himself", Rohit asked. 

"Whatever you want to believe, doesn't really matter", Virat snapped back. 

"Virat-- don't", Jaddu said seeing Virat yelling at Rohit. 

"What? Aren't you finally relieved that you are getting to know everything ? You were the one so desperate to know right?"

"Virat stop, he was the one who stopped us from asking you guys anything this evening"

"It was out of pity Ash, so save it" 

KL could feel anger, hurt and everything through Virat's demeanour. 

"Atleast I had pity on you out of my emotions but you being the stone hearted person left your loved ones alone, your own daughter. Did you even bother asking Ash, how she calls for you? How her eyes look for her Dada? Did you?", Jaddu snapped before Ash could stop him.  

"You know when Ryan broke my spine, tortured me thinking he is taking revenge on you, to destroy you, today I feel he was successful, he did destroy you and everything around us. And sorry to say you-- Virat, fell exactly in that trap", Rohit said as tears made way through his eyes. 

Everyone was just absorbing about how Rohit's spine was broken deliberately. 

Virat left the room and the farmhouse as everyone heard the sound of the car driving off. 

***