Part 58. Hurt beyond Repair

"He left, he left and he left again", Jaddu whispered taking his steps back hitting his back on the wall, sliding down on the floor.

For the first time, everyone was seeing Jaddu emotional and broken in sober state.

Ash immediately sat beside him putting his arm around his shoulder to which Jaddu just rested his head on his shoulder sitting silently.

He didn't have words, energy or hope left that Virat will be back, even if he will be back, nothing is ever gonna be same again, they were hurt beyond repair.

Jassi and Shreyas rushed to KL, who was slumped on the couch, burying his head in his hands, mumbling, "This is not good, he will relapse", Rah just leaned onto Shreyas.

Mahi sat beside Rohit taking him in a hug to which he just kept his head on his shoulder feeling more lost than ever.

"What relapse K?", Jassi asked softly yet loud enough to hear in the room of silence.

"Did you notice his tone? He is back to shutting himself and his emotions. He was trying to open up, he came to me sometime before trying to figure out how he can be your Vi or Veer but now everything is back to square one", KL confessed not even biting back his words or hesitating for that matter.

"Doctor had said that he could relapse again into depression if something triggers again and I think this was it", KL said in a low voice, shedding tears soaking Shreyas's shirt.

Rohit and Jaddu looked at each other, feeling sad but not guilty about anything because they were hurt too.

"Do you have any idea where he must have gone? Try calling him na K, he will never ignore you", Jassi said seeing KL emotional so he knew he had to think for KL.

"Ya, ya I should call him. What a fool I am", KL got up immediately and ran in the room to get his phone. He moved to the lawn pacing and calling Virat. Everyone could see him through the window.

"Please Virat bhai, please be okay", mumbled KL pacing in the lawn.

And then after may be 20 calls, it was answered, "Virat, where are you?", he asked worriedly.

"It's all dark, Rah"

"What's dark?"

"You know.. Ro was here with me and he vanished, I am going to find him"

"No Virat stop there, listen to me bhai", KL said softly running his hands through his hair thinking how to calm Virat down.

"No Rah, I need to find him, he is leaving me again", KL heard heavy breathing and a slurry speech from other end.

"Bhai, please listen to me-- you love me right. Just listen please", KL said desperately clutching onto the phone as tears made way through his eyes.

"You are crying Rah, please don't cry"

"Bhai please tell me where you are, I will come to you and be with you, I promise-- I will never leave you"

"You will never leave me?", KL heard a soft tone from other end, it was a statement but came out as a question from Virat.

"Never ever bhai, please tell me where you are?"

"I don't know, everything is so blur"

"Okay bhai calm down, just tell me do you see greenery around, chairs, a big round space?", KL asked knowing that he must be there.

"Ya chairs, green is there", said Virat and KL could hear him stumbling on his feet.

"Virat bhai, I am coming there. Just sit on one of the chairs and don't move, okay? For me, please just wait for me", KL said softly yet firmly.

"ok", he heard Virat, "don't hang up, keep talking to me Virat bhai", KL said as he went inside to inform others. 

"I think I know where he must be, and I'm going to find him. I doubt that he will return here, at least not today. Thus, just to let you all know in case you care," KL stated before leaving without waiting for a reply. Although he knew not to say that, he was unable to control himself. 

"Virat you there?", KL asked keeping the phone connected to the car stereo and drove to the location. 

"They don't care, right? No one does, Rah"

"They care, too, Virat-- they are just not in the right state of mind, and they are a little hurt. "But they care, Virat," KL stated quietly, attempting to reassure him. 

A half hour later, KL arrived at the spot. He dashed inside and made his way to the chair in the Wankhede Stadium dugout, where he imagined Virat would be.

Last time when he disappeared, he had found him in a cricket ground. And it was the same today, may be it was not so worse as he thought or may be it was. 

"Virat bhai", he called softy kneeling infront of him. 

"You came?"

"Ofcourse I did", said Rah holding his hand and something was weird, he looked down and noticed blood on his hands. 

"Are you hurt? Where are you hurt Virat?", asked KL worriedly seeing blood on Virat's hands and his own. 

"I don't know", Virat said and KL noticed his eyes dropping due to blood loss and weakness. 

KL composed himself and took a good look on him. His shirt was soaked in blood, he lifted it properly to see his left side of stomach bleeding and looks glass pierced in it. His hands were shaking and tears in his eyes seeing that blood. 

He took a deep breath and helped him stand up, taking him to the car. And started driving towards hospital as fast as he could. 

"I am sorry Rah, you have been there always with me. But I failed you again and again", Virat held his hand and said  seeing the blurry image of tears on his face.

"Don't close your eyes Bhai please", KL said shaking him to wake up. 

"I can't do it anymore", Virat whispered and closed his eyes to KL's horror. 

KL kept shaking him and he was not waking up which scared him. He reached the hospital and Virat was taken inside. 

He just sat there waiting for the update on what had actually happened. He didn't inform anyone as he wanted to know it first.