Part 28. Reality Check - II

Next morning, Virat just wrapped the breakfast things when Rohit was done and handed him the medicines.

"What about your breakfast?", asked Rohit, in concern.

Virat sensed the concern, he felt something when Rohit asked him but he just handed him the glass of water, "I will have it sometime later", he said not thinking about it.

Before Rohit could say something, Virat's phone rang and it was the first time that Virat got a call from someone infront of Rohit. He hardly seen him using the phone.

"Hello, ya this is Virat", answered Virat.

Virat just moved out of the house to talk on the phone. Rohit noticed from the window of his room Virat pacing in the lawn talking on the phone.

"Who is he talking to?", thought Rohit, remembering him saying to Ash that no one calls him.

His thoughts were broken when the people who called when Virat was sleeping arrived.

"Bhaiya, Rohit bhai" there were two voices at the door.

After a year Rohit had heard the voices, just the voices at the door, loving voices calling him bhai or bhaiya and Rohit didn't even realize in all the trauma that he had missed it, he had really missed it.

"Shrey, Jassi come inside", Rohit said, softly. Though he was bit scared about the reaction of Shreyas, Jassi was there when he broke down but Shreyas was not.

"Ha bhaiya batao kuch kaam tha" Shreyas asked once he got seated on the couch along with Jassi.

"We know what are you thinking. We won't ask you anything till you are comfortable bhai-- Virat bhai ne bola hai hume, so aap batao jo aapko discuss karna tha"

"What did Virat say? And are you guys talking to him?" Rohit asked confused.

"We were just coming here to meet you, we met him outside and he told us that we should not ask you anything until you are ready" Jassi answered.

"We are not in touch with him bhai-- he didn't keep contact, we just met him when we had some clues about you" said Shreyas answering the second part.

"Tell me more please" Rohit requested to them.

They just looked at each other not sure if they should.

"Please Jassi" Rohit requested again softly to which Jassi just got up and hugged him.

Rohit hugged him back, "I missed you a lot bhai", Jassi said emotionally.

Rohit said nothing, didn't even realize that he was missing them. It was like when they came in, he realized how much he missed listening that bhai and bhaiya, but he wasn't sure if he really missed them or not because the stuff he was dealing with was so tough that it was hard to think about anything else.

"Bhaiya we will tell you more but first you have to tell us ki aapne hume yaha kyu bulaya-- did u have any important thing to discuss?" asked Jassi wiping his tears.

Rohit thought for a min.

"I want you to follow Virat, get your contacts-- I trust you both to be silent about it, it should not spread. Only us three will know this. I want details ki wo kaha tha, what was going on with him-- hire a detective I dont care" Rohit said firmly.

Jassi looked at Shreyas who was surprised himself. Shreyas signalled him to go for it.

"Bhai ke baat bolu?" asked Jassi softly.

"Yes" Rohit said, agreeing.

"Nothing of this sort is needed bhai" Shreyas said starting the conversation.

"What do u mean Shrey?"

"Rohit bhai, listen calmly okay! Aapko pata karna hai na what happened to Virat bhai?" Shreyas asked to which Rohit nodded in yes.

"U know bhai what the right way is?"

"What Jassi?"

"Talk to him bhai" Jassi said, firmly.

Jassi took a breath and said, "Bhai aapko pata hai this is the most we have seen Virat bhai talking. And u know if say it more clearly, this is the most we have seen him alive", he said softly.

"What are you saying Jassi?" Asked Rohit Shocked to know as he referred the alive thing.

"Bhai, when he used to come at the team hotels jab Hume aapki update milti thi, he was so lifeless.. kisi se baat nahi karte the— Anushka bhabhi se bhi nahi, he hasn't been home too. This is the most he is living somewhere because you allowed him too" Jassi explained.

"We haven't seen him like this since so many days—like talking and doing activities too. You know he is a little normal, like human now as he met you" Shreyas continued.

"So all we want to say is— talk to him bhai, wo aapko sab bata denge" said Jassi gripping his hand.

"And phir bhi aapko chahiye Hoga ki hum follow kare and sab kuch pata Kare— we will do that for you. But yeh karo please bhai bas ek baar" said Shreyas assuring him.

"Give me sometime please, don't go anywhere"

"Hum yahi hai bahar, aap bula lena if u need us bhai" Jassi said leaving the room with Shreyas.

Rohit sat there thinking and processing everything. He looked outside to see Virat sitting on the bench staring his phone.

Should he really ask Virat?

______