Part 59. Anxious hours

Rohit just removed his head from Mahi's shoulder, Mahi helped him as he was trying to lay down but he could not. A sharp pain in his back made Rohit scream which got everyone on their feet. 

"Ro, Rohit bhaiya? What happened?", everyone asked worriedly hearing his scream. 

"My back bhai, it is paining", Rohit said scrunching his face due to the extreme pain he was feeling at the moment. 

Ash called the ambulance as it look worse and arrival of Doctors would anyway take more time. Rohit was taken into Ambulance and Mahi went with him. Rohit was in so much pain that tears were continuously flowing from his eyes. 

As they arrived, Rohit was taken into the room, as his stretcher passed he saw KL there. 

"Wait", Rohit said immediately, "Rah", he called still in pain. 

"Sir, we need to take you to the room", the Nurse instructed. 

"No please wait", Rohit pleaded, "Ro kiddo listen", Mahi tried but Rohit was adamant. 

KL rushed to Rohit, "Rohit bhai", he said as tears streamed down his cheeks. 

"Blood? Vi?", Rohit asked and KL nodded, "he is in the operation theatre", KL said. 

Rohit just closed his eyes in pain, in guilt and everything else he could feel at the moment. They just took him in the room for checkup while Mahi waited outside with KL. 

The team of Doctors arrived which were arranged by Virat for treating Rohit following with other team members. They went in the room where Rohit was. 

"Virat bhai gave me their contact in case of emergency", Jassi explained to others. 

"KL? Whose blood is that?", Shreyas asked noticing KL sitting silently on the chair. 

"Who do you think it is?", KL snapped burying his face in his hands. 

They didn't ask anything more about it knowing it was Virat. KL was already too disturbed about Virat. Everyone just kept waiting for the update on both of them. 

As the doctor stepped out of Virat's room, KL rushed to him, "he is okay right?", he asked concerned and worried. 

"He is stable but weak as he has lost lot of blood, shards of glass pieces pierced his stomach were too deep. Right now he is under observation, after sometime you will be able to meet him. Can I talk to you for a second?", The doctor said gesturing Rah and he went with him. 

"Is something wrong?", KL asked as they reached Doctor's cabin. KL saw Virat's doctor already waiting for him. 

"Maya?", KL was surprised to see her there. 

"You shouldn't be surprised, Aman called me. You should have called me KL"

"I was a mess already, did not know what to do", KL said taking a seat infront of them. Aman passed him glass of water. 

"So let me come to the point, he had an overdose of anti depressants which is going to make it hard in his mental and physical recovery", Aman began explaining him. 

"And we have to know, if this was an accidental overdose or he did it deliberately which will also have consequences", Aman said to which KL nodded in understanding. 

"How did he relapse so badly K?", Maya asked him. 

"Long story short, the confrontation happened and all at once, everything-- it was really difficult", KL said remembering Virat's demeanour. 

"There are two things which can happen here, either he will recover from it which is unlikely or completely sink into depression which means we have to start from zero", said Maya.

"recover?"

"Recover meaning he would be able to acknowledge his pain and feelings and it will be a step but we cannot be sure yet", said Maya. 

"Can I meet him?", KL asked wanting to see him. 

"Ya sure come with me", Aman said and KL followed him to the room, everyone was just waiting outside. 

Meanwhile Rohit's doctors came outside, "Is he okay?", Jassi asked as they came near them. 

"Yes he is okay-- he moved due to which the muscle got pulled badly. We have given injection and a belt which will help. Right now, he requires is rest. We will come for the sessions after 2 days", they informed. 

"Where is Virat?", one of the doctor asked as he was always the one who took care of Rohit's updates and process. 

"He is not here at the moment but we will inform him", Shreyas said seeing others silent. 

"Strange, tell him to call me, need to speak with him about something", The Doctor said and left from there. 

KL saw Virat lying there, oxygen mask on his face-- wires attached to his body. For a moment, he could only think how fragile he appeared to be. Such a strong person and now here lying like this, helpless and vulnerable. 

"He will be okay right?", he asked in quiet voice. 

"Physically, yes", said Aman keeping his hand on his shoulder and left the room. 

KL looked at him once and left the room just to see everyone waiting in same positions. 

"How is Rohit bhai?", KL asked and Jassi gave him updates. 

KL nodded and went to Rohit's room with Shreyas and Jassi. 

He sat beside Rohit, he kept his hand on his to which Rohit opened his eyes, "Rah? How is he?", he asked as soon as he saw blurry vision of KL. 

"How are you?", KL asked instead with moist eyes. 

"I am okay, pain killer is quite strong", Rohit said and then again asked, "how is Vi, K?"

"How will he be without Rohit bhai? I know he has made a lot of mistakes but forgive him please. He will go crazy without you and jaddu bhai", KL cried holding Rohit's hand. 

Rohit caressed his cheek and wiped his tears, "Even we did so many mistakes K, me and Jaddu, I should not have forced him today but it is so hard you know", KL nodded at that, "We will bring him back and with that let's hope everything gets okay", he said softly assuring him as there was no stopping to KL's tears.