'Part-Time Friends' P2 The Full Time Student- Damian / Jon x Reader

Reader with NO time whatsoever headcanons (with prompts!) x Damian / x Jon (Part 2)

GN reader, they them Pronouns, !this one gets a little angtsy!

part two of Part-Time Friends

~~~

- Reader does a complete 180 with their life 

- With patience and luck, they were accepted into college, got a job, and signed up with their local gym

- Their lives are studyworkexercise studyworkexercise and nothing in between

- They are grateful for these opportunities, but it really takes away from the routine they were used to 

- Reader hasn't seen their own phone screen in days.

- Damian's and Jon's have never been so dry.

- Jon and Damian notice the change in phone-use habits and get worried immediately

- They genuinely think you were kidnapped and held for ransom

- They go to your last known location (your house) and break in to investigate 

- What they find instead is Reader, hair unbrushed wearing 3 day old pajamas and a textbook that could stop a grenade in their hands

- They are ecstatic that you're alive,     but   why didn't you tell them?

- Reader is kind of annoyed by this, it just reminds them to the times they felt ignored

- Reader tells the boys they DID tell them about all the good news, and even pulls up the texts as proof

- But buried under the masses of texts, neither Jon nor Damian really took the time to read and understand 

- Reader verbally  informs them they enrolled in college, got a job, and started going to the gym (low-key in the span of 3 months) 

- Damian is hiding his surprise and disappointment. He's the Son of The Bat!! And you're one of his best friends! HOW DID HE NOT KNOW THIS? He is surprised that everything changed so quickly and he is disappointed he did not notice sooner. Damian is thinking about what the future with less of you might be like. 

- Jon is honestly kind of hurt and in his own state of shock. You used to tell him everything from your feelings, to your worries, to just how your day was going. And now, this is how he learns of why you haven't been texting him at all. He is coping with the fact that you have new responsibilities and how that is going to take away from the "normal" he was used to.

- You push past them quickly, as you have a strict schedule of due dates and deadlines. You return to your room and start on your next assignment so you can make it to the gym on time. 

- The boys are completely out of their element. They used to be showered in attention. They feel forgotten. They feel ignored. They want to understand you are busy, yes... but      what about them? 

- The house gets quiet. The room gets cold. The tension gets thick. 

-You're not dumb, and you're not coldhearted either. You put the notes down, take your face away from the page for a few seconds to explain that this is your life now. You've committed to your program and have a graduation plan. Your job (and future jobs) mean everything to you and your future. You even have fitness goals and have slowly been improving. The change wasn't easy for you either, but even though you have other things to do now they're still your best friends. 

- With this statement, you ask to have some time alone to continue studying. You don't have to repeat yourself as the boys hear you loud and clear for the first time in a while, and take their leave. 

- On the way home, the boys think about the new reality.

- Damian is actually hurting inside. All of this reminds him too much of how his own mother and father have treated him in the past when they get "busy". Their absence was suffocating. 

- Jon is freaking out like he has lost something important. He wants nothing more than to turn around, close his eyes, wake up and find everything has gone back to the way it was. 

- They both try to be understanding, but really they're just heartbroken. They did not know what they had until they lost it, probably forever. 

- .... maybe they'll see you at graduation? in the next few years . . .