(Slight Yandere) Damian Wayne x Shy Fiance Reader - He wants a big wedding

*cross posted story*

(they/them pronouns, "wife" title, Reader Insert)

- - -

Damian sits back in his chair, watching his beautiful Bride-To-Be scurry back and forth.

(Y/N) wants a small wedding, something "cozy" they say. A sweet wedding at Wayne Manor with modest decor and a guest list of their closest friends and family.

Damian cannot fathom wasting this opportunity. To him, this marriage is everything. He wants the WORLD to know he and (Y/N) are madly in love. This is a celebration of his next chapter in life and to any rival suitors trying to take away his fiancee. This wedding would prove to every naysayer and enemy that he is worthy of love. He wants the validation of an extravagant wedding, showing off his wealth and lineage. The power move of inviting all his hero and nonhero colleagues, regardless of relationship status, and making them watch the ceremony. He wants to present his soon-to-be wife and have their full attention when that title is changed.

Damian told his love of his plans, and here they are now. Pacing about all the things that make them nervous.

Having to speak, stand, AND KISS in front of a large crowd.

The overwhelming amount of lights, sounds, and people.

ALL eyes on them.

His beloved looks like an ant stuck in a death spiral. He intervenes as he always does to settle their anxiety before it gets out of hand. Slowly taking their hand, putting their head to his chest, and then leading them away to his seat. Here he places (Y/N) on his knee and looks up in their eyes. He is evaluating alternative wedding plans before a soft voice breaks his focus.

"Do you think we can compromise? May we have a medium wedding please?", (Y/N) says with a giggle.

It takes a lot to break Damian Wayne. When it comes to his bride, it takes nothing at all. Their voice like cotton and their laughter like clouds, Damian crumbles in an instant. He can compromise (maybe-).

A medium wedding could work. It would be at Wayne Manor like his love requested, it would be scheduled during the daytime to reduce harsh artificial lighting, there would be minimal noise interruptions for their sensitive hearing, he could easily guide his bride away if the stimuli is too much. The wedding party could continue at Wayne Manor for hours after the ceremony while he and (Y/N) would be off on their honeymoon. Damian is more inclined to agree to these wedding terms, but the guest list is where Damian hits a wall. Damian may not care much for the invitees he would extend this opportunity to, but he does care about his pride. He wants to flaunt it all. What good is a lavish wedding to portray his precious (Y/N) if there is no audience?

Damian devises a plan to help (Y/N) "get to know" their wedding guests, without really having to get to know them. It is an ingenious way to familiarize them with the vast roster. Damian plans to talk endlessly about his acquaintances, friends, frenemies, ex-friends, some enemies, rivals, colleagues, and even some people he doesn't even know (but his brothers do) to create a parasocial relationship between them and his (Y/N). If (Y/N) THINKS they know a person, from what Damian has them, they would be more inclined to invite them and not be so nervous.

Damian is overjoyed at this solution. It may work, it may not, but he can at least try.

He is going to share this joy of finally having (Y/N)'s hand in his own way.

Congratulations, Mx. Wayne.