Chapter 39

*6 months later*

"Hey I'm heading over to Isabel's for the night, I'll see you tomorrow," I called back to Ava.

"Ok sounds good," she said back from her room, "see you tomorrow."

I had come back to Ava and I's house about a month ago, and things were closer to normal between us than they had been in a very long time.

I did consider just moving in with Isabel full time after being there for so long, but we agreed it would be better not to rush into that. And if Ava was giving me the chance to move back in, I wanted to make sure that I took it.

It wasn't like the three of us were hanging out together all of the time or anything, but Ava could be around us without anyone wanting to crawl out of their skin from the awkwardness.

She also had a pretty serious girlfriend again, so I think that helped with the situation.

I was so glad to see her happy again.

When I walked outside and got into my car, I had a text from Isabel.

"Hurry your ass up, I just got out of the shower."

She'd been out of town for a little over a week, and I was gone before that, so it had been a while since we'd seen each other.

"I'm coming, damn!" I responded.

I drove to her place and pulled into the parking lot a few minutes later.

I walked inside and up to Isabel's door, and before I could even put my hand up to knock, it flung open. She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside, shutting the door behind us and pushing my back against it.

Her lips were on mine before I even had a chance to say anything. When she briefly pulled back, I took a breath and raised my eyebrows at her.

"Jesus," I said, "hello to you too."

"Sorry," Isabel grinned, "couldn't wait any longer."

She'd grabbed me so quickly that I was just now realizing that she was standing there in her towel and nothing else.

"Oh," I said as my eyes moved up and down her body, "so you're going to make this even easier for me, huh?"

Isabel shrugged and smirked at me as my hand found the edge of the towel and pulled it off of her. I dropped it on the floor next to us as she reached for my shirt and took it off over my head.

I grabbed her by the waist and her pulled her naked body against mine as we began to kiss again. I felt her hands make their way down to my pants and unbutton them. She pulled them partially down before I took my legs out of them and kicked them to the side.

I took her chin in my hand and turned her face to the side as I placed kisses down her neck and to her collarbone. My hand move down to her breast as I squeezed her nipple between my fingers. My mouth found the other, and I heard a quiet moan from Isabel as I began to suck on it.

When I moved my mouth away from her body, I put my hands back down to her waist and guided her over to the couch. I slipped out of my underwear and bra before our lips came together again. She laid her head back against the pillow and I positioned myself over top of her.