Chapter 27

My eyes widened in shock as I watched Micah and Isabel continue to kiss in the booth that I was staring at.

I needed to get out of here, and fast.

Before I could peel my eyes away from them, Isabel leaned away from Micah. Her face was now in plain view, and I felt like I was frozen in place.

Before I could make myself leave, her eyes looked up and met my horrified gaze. I could see her own panic set in before I was able to turn around and walk away.

I hurried back in the direction of our table, hoping that Isabel wasn't going to try and come after me.

I had almost made it when I glanced behind me, and sure enough, there was Isabel. I turned back towards the table, and was hoping that she would realize that I was here with Ava. I tried to calm myself down without much luck, and I could hear my voice shaking as I started to speak.

"We need to go," I said to Ava as I leaned over towards her chair.

"What? Why?" She asked as she gave me a confused look.

My mind was in such a panic that I hadn't even bothered to think about how I was going to explain this. I quickly glanced behind me again and I didn't see Isabel, at least she had realized what was going on.

"I saw Isabel here, with a guy," I said, "I didn't want you to have to see her."

I honestly wasn't sure how much Ava even cared about seeing Isabel, but she didn't talk about it much so I was just going with it.

"Oh..." Ava started, "I mean, that's - you know what, it's fine."

"Are you sure we shouldn't just leave?" I asked, hoping that she said yes for my own sake.

"No it's fine, really," she said.

God damn it.

"Okay...if you're positive," I said.

She nodded and I begrudgingly sat down at the table.

"I guess we still need drinks now, huh?" I continued.

"Yeah...oh wait I see a server, let me see if I can just grab her," Ava said.

She flagged her down and was able to get us a couple of drinks as I sat there uncomfortably. I was hoping that the band would start soon, but before they did, I looked up and saw Isabel and Micah walking towards us.

What the fuck were they doing?

It looked like they were arguing as they got closer, and I glanced over at Ava and realized that she had seen them too. Her face turned white as she tightly gripped the drink in her hand.

"Micah just go," I heard Isabel say under her breath as they approached.

"I'm just going to say hi, what's wrong?" He asked.

Ava and I awkwardly sat there as we heard the end of their conversation.

"Hey Skylar," Micah said as they walked up to the table, "I saw you over here and wanted to stop by and say hi before we left."

"Hey Micah, Isabel," I said as I gave them an awkward wave.

"Hi Ava," Isabel said, "sorry about this."

Her eyes flitted over to me when she said sorry, and I turned my gaze down to the table.

"Hey, it's um, it's okay," Ava said, but it clearly didn't look like it was.

"Wait," Micah said, "you know both of them?"

"Yes Micah," Isabel sighed, "Ava is my ex."

And that wasn't the only reason that this was weird buddy.