Beginning of the End

(I don't care much about emerald's and mercury's little origin story but i guess I'll cover it in a conversation during a different scene, the reason being that it doesn't really the narrative of where i'm taking this story so i'll put that to the side for now)

Yang felt her world tearing at the seems, one small slip up, one small mistake. it was too much for her, she felt herself being pulled into a pit and she was desperately trying to dig herself out, she looked at the atlas soldiers surrounding her and the fallen mercury who was still holding his injured leg, She peered back over at her friends who all had a look of shock and confusion including her own husband.

*Flashback*

Coda and Yang were walking side by side in a forest in patch, they were spending their weekend there so Coda could meet Tai, their first time meeting was awkward. Who would approve of a guy your daughter married after a drunken accident. During their weekend together, He seemed to warm up to coda and approved of them by the end of it, They were now walking around the woods before they had to go catch their shuttle back to vale before heading home.

Yang: So how has the trip been?

Coda: Eh, i've been on better

He jokes as he continues walking in front of his wife, yang pushes him a bit and coda trips to the ground and yang starts laughing, Coda gets up and tackles her to the ground and they stand over each other on the ground with Coda on top of her.

Yang: Big fan of the situation are we now~

Coda: Very much so~

Coda kisses yang and they begin to make out, the kiss was passionate and it lingered for a while once they got back up.

Coda: You know I'm here for you right? Like i actually love you rather than just being here to be here.

Yang: Yeah i know...Where's this coming from?

Coda: I had older brothers i've mentioned it many time before, and well...they were always asshole to their partners, cheating on them, using them for sex. The whole jist but i just want you to know i'm not like them, never was never will be

Yang: I appreciate it, but how can i be sure that you'll away be by my side even when times are like REALLY tough

Coda lifts up his arm and shows her his hand waving around his ring finger

Coda: I've got the ring to prove it

Yang chuckles and holds Coda's hand as they kiss once more against a tree

*Flashback end*

She looks over and coda, she sees that his eyes don't look at her the same way he always did, No...he seemed scared. She peered over to her sister and the rest of her teammates with the same look of horror and confusion.

*Flash*

Yang: Hey i like your bow

Blake: Thanks...

Yang: It goes great your uh...pajamas!

*Flash*

Yang: What's your problem with my sister? She's only trying to be nice!

Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!

*Flash*

Yang: I can't believe my baby sister is going to beacon with me

She remembers hugging her sister as she beg her to stop, she remembered the time she has spent and wonder if this was the breaking point where she'd be left alone, the only person she could see that didn't look at her with disgust , shocked or confusion was Keith who seemed to look at her with soft eyes and seems to be sorry for her and she begins to remember what he told her before.