Ace Operatives

(A strong wind blows snow across the cloudy sky while three Mantas fly together)

Clover: All right, gather 'round. Our mission today is to secure the launch site for the Amity Communications Tower. The designated area is an abandoned Dust mine. Since its closure, the Grimm have moved in. The good news is all that untouched Dust is still down there, too. Science team says they'll need it for the first phase of their launch. Atlas military Huntsmen are already hard at work clearing out the surrounding tundra. But recon has identified a powerful Geist that's managed to evade destruction and take several lives. After we increased our numbers, the Geist was smart enough to retreat into the mine itself, meaning it's old and extremely dangerous.

(Clover withdraws a compact Scroll and presses a button, causing the photograph of Huntsmen battling the Petra Gigas to take up the entirety of each screen)

Clover: This is our target.

Onslaught: Geist me and my team have taken on a few of these.

Clover: The mine was a labyrinth back in the day. There's all sorts of tunnels and chambers the Geist can move between, so if we're gonna kill this thing, we'll have to split up and corner it. General Ironwood says you've seen your fair share of combat. But he mostly talk about team COMBAT. And well me and my team did see what you can do. I trust that man with my life, so tomorrow, I'll be trusting you all, too.

Onslaught: If I can make suggestions we should split up the teams so we can all get to know each other.

Clover: Good idea. Let's make it happen, people.

(Pietro enters a laboratory, followed by Teams RWBY and JNR COMBAT)

Pietro: Apologies for the mess and for holding onto your weapons for so long. The upgrades you requested were, uh... well, they were more than I anticipated. (laughs) Your new weapons and armor should be as requested, but I also took the liberty of reviewing your combat footage from the Vytal Festival Tournament.

(Teams COMBAT, RWBY and JNR stand in front of a series of narrow shelves, each of which have cases on them. Nora shifts eagerly on her feet, letting out an excited giggle as she snatches up her case. Everyone else calmly picks up their cases)

Pietro: There's some additional enhancements I'd like to suggest. Oh, but for now, these should serve you well enough.

(Ruby opens her case and smiles. Nora opens her case and looks amazed, pupils dilating and eyes shimmering from her excitement. Jaune opens his case, and his eyes widen)

(Yang puts on her upgraded and repaired prosthetic arm and makes a fist, grinning confidently, Blake runs her hand through her hair)

(While brawl looks at his new weapon where it's can now also turn into a chainsaw. Vortex looks at his as he see that they're sharper and now have an increase magazine as their better then ever. As blastoff takes off his old prosthetic legs and looks at a par of shine new ones as they can now hold twice the amount of gas and they also have more armor on them and looks at his new sword that can know switch between sniper and assault rifle mode. Swindle just look at his upgrade claws as they can now move like fingers and puts them in his chest. As onslaught take his sword that looks different but still the same sword and his revolver)

(This is what their new weapons look like)

Swindle: Well hello their these will be so much better in a fight.