Welcome to Beacon

(In the Beacon Academy library, Team RWBY are shown playing Remnant: The Game. The camera pans from Weiss to Yang Xiao Long, then to Blake, who is obviously distracted, before finally landing on Ruby, who has been contemplating her next move)

Ruby: (offscreen) Hmmmmm.... All right... All right! (Points at Yang.) Yang, prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang: (Thrusting her elbow down as she balls her fist.) Bring it on!

Ruby: I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet! (Slaps her card down on the table. Yang feigns a look of shock.) Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly! (Makes noises like airplanes flying and bombing as she makes a bird with her hands.)

Yang: (Feigning indignance as she points at Ruby.) You fiend!

Ruby: (Ruby is now ducked at one end of the table. The camera zooms across the table to show the board and its player pieces in detail.) And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn. (Ruby peaks her head up. She gives a look of surprise as, offscreen, Yang can be heard laughing arrogantly.)

Yang: (Yang raises a card.) Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card! (Yang shows the card to the camera.)

Ruby: (Ruby is visibly disturbed.) Whaaat?!

Yang: Giant Nevermore! (She slams the card down on the table.) If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!

A scene of a Nevermore flying over a field of swords impaled in the ground plays over the conversation.

Ruby: (Ruby points at Yang.) But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces! (The Nevermore is shown to be turning back toward Yang.)

Yang: That's just a chance I'm willing to take. (The two glare at each other. Yang is heard shouting triumphantly)

(Team JNPR are shown along with Team COMBAT as Yang and Ruby banter on about the game. Ren and Pyrrha are studying, and Nora's sleeps while brawl does the same but with a book on him face while onslaught study's and vortex and blastoff are playing chess and swindle in the back round masking a shade deal with one of the other students as head hands him a dvd and he hand him money and he soon runs off)

Ruby: Nooooo!!! My fearless soldiers!

Yang: Eh, most of them were probably androids.

Ruby: Goodbye my friends, you will be avenged.

Yang: Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!

Ruby: Bah!

Nora: (snores and talks in her sleep)

Yang: Oh, and what's this? The Smugglers of Wind Path?

(Pyrrha clears her throat and then confiscates a comic book Jaune is reading, trading it for a textbook)

Yang: I say, it looks like I'm taking two cards in my hand!

(As Pyrrha reads Jaune's comic, a Nevermore player piece is tossed over Jaune's shoulder. Another piece bounces off of his head)

Ruby: Have you no heart? Nooo!

Yang: Well, Weiss, it's your turn.

Weiss: I have... absolutely no idea what's going on.

Yang: Look, it's easy! You're playing as Vacuo which means that all Vacuo-based cards come with a bonus.

Weiss: That sounds dumb.

Yang: See, you've got Sandstorm, Desert Scavenge... Oh, oh! Resourceful Raider! See, now you can take Ruby's discarded Air Fleet—

Ruby: (crying) Nooo!