Chapter 54--Tell the Truth

CHAPTER 54—Tell the Truth

Andre and Jiang Yike's visit still brought changes to Shen Qi and Xie Yu's life.

Xie Yu had paid attention to their tastes and made some dishes in advance for them to choose from.

Unfortunately, Jiang Yike and Andre had completely different tastes than expected.

The two of them struggled for a long time but could come up with only a few dishes they'd eat.

Andre wanted to test some of Jiang Yike's preferences, bypassing some of his favorite dishes, and asking Jiang Yike's opinion three or four times.

Jiang Yike knew that he was causing trouble to Xie Yu, so he simply expressed himself less in order to be less rude.

He would just politely echo whatever Andre ordered.

Anyone with a discerning eye could see that the two were accommodating each other.

Xie Yu found it funny and secretly wrote down their favorite dishes.

He looked at Shen Qi and exchanged glances.

With Shen Qi's help, Xie Yu never worried that the dishes would be hard to cook.

It was rare for friends to visit, so how could he not satisfy them?

By the time Jiang Yike and Andrei finished their "friendly greetings," Xie Yu had already started to heat a pot and add oil.

Jiang Yike sat near the bar and looked eagerly into the pot.

Xie Yu took the time to look up and took a quick look at Jiang Yike.

He looked like a lazy rabbit waiting for food.

Watching his crush sit down, Andre quickly joined him.

Attracted by the scent, he moved his eyes away from Jiang Yike's face and started staring at the pot as well.

Xie Yu had never seen such a picture before, so he couldn't hold back his laughter.

He sped up his hands and received ingredients from Shen Qi from time to time.

"Ayu, you and Director Shen really have a tacit understanding. It feels like working together, the meals you make will be delicious." Jiang Yike rested his elbows on the counter with envy on his face, "Are the two of you always like this in the kitchen?

Andre was amused by Jiang Yike's words, and he covered his mouth and turned his face to the side to hide his expression.

Xie Yu didn't know how to answer.

He knew that Jiang Yike should have watched <Thirty Days> several times before he even knew he was coming as a guest.

So probably, he said this just to start a conversation and to stir up the atmosphere.

However, Jiang Yike's words also reminded him that it hadn't started only from <Thirty Days>, but as early as when he went to find Shen Qi for a meal in the name of getting to know him better, Shen Qi had always been by his side and would never be absent if he needed help with something.

Xie Yu lowered his head and smiled implicitly and silently.

After taking a nap together on the lawn in the afternoon, Shen Qi had been paying attention to Xie Yu's expression.

After listening to their conversation and observing Xie Yu's behavior, he immediately felt better.

"The food is indeed delicious." Shen Qi rarely took the initiative to speak up.