Chapter 36--Love Torture

CHAPTER 36—Love Torture

Xie Yu reacted after he saw the fish in the picture.

It was hard to say anything to the camera, so he just shook his head and smiled silently.

The camera happened to capture his brief smile and gave it a close-up.

"Ayu, are you just getting up at this time?" The camera turned to the collar of Xie Yu's pajamas, as the host seized the opportunity to ask.

"Yes." He had just finished washing, and that could indeed be counted as 'part of' getting up, so he nodded in response.

"By the way, Director Shen entrusted the program team with bringing you breakfast." After asking about his morning state, the hostess waited to say this to Xie Yu in a teasing tone and then took out a bag of steaming hot food from behind.

Xie Yu was taken aback as received the bag handed over by the host quite unexpectedly and looked at it carefully.

There were several black and purple balls in the bag, which were warm and soft when poked.

"Director Shen got up early and went outdoors to exercise. His lifestyle is so healthy." The host said with emotion, "This store is very famous for its sweet rice balls. I've wanted to buy them before, but the long queue is terrible..."

Xie Yu didn't mention that he had already eaten, and placed the food in front of the camera with a happy face before taking it back.

Then, he unsealed the bag with both hands, lowered his head, and looked inside, "...Sorry to Director Shen for the inconvenience. I'll make a special trip to thank him later."

Noticing that the members of the show team were not in a hurry to say anything, Xie Yu rolled his eyes, and through the knowledge gained from cramming for interstellar reality shows during this time, he roughly guessed what he should do next.

He took out the breakfast food that the host called "sweet rice balls" from the bag, and bit into it.

Xie Yu was ready—even if it didn't suit his tastes, he still had to act like it was delicious.

But as soon as the rice ball entered his mouth, he was amazed.

The rice ball was soft and tasted very similar to the black rice cakes he had eaten before in South China.

There was no tin foil on the bottom, and only some extra chopped nuts on top.

The sweet and not greasy taste of the rice cake, together with the crispy nuts and fragrant filling, had two very different tastes, but they blended together just right.

Xie Yu couldn't stop eating, and he couldn't help but take a second bite.

"Is it delicious?" The hostess, Li Xiaoxi, looked at the young man in front of him with a look of satisfaction, and then turned around to call the show team members and then sat opposite the sofa.

After sitting down, she asked Xie Yu curiously, "Ayu, did you just call Shen Qi, 'Director Shen'?"

Xie Yu wasn't too hungry at that moment, and knowing that everyone on the show's crew was waiting for him, he wanted to just take two bites and then put it down.

But when he heard this question, he froze with his cheeks puffed.

Wasn't the show team too fast?

It took only a few minutes to enter the door, and then they already started to get down to the topic of the visit.

His heart raced and he knew that if this question wasn't answered well, he and Shen Qi probably wouldn't give the audience a good first impression.