Chapter 12--The Biggest Winner

CHAPTER 12—The Biggest Winner

The invited guests took their seats one after another, and the ceiling of the movie palace was slowly opened, revealing half of the red, glowing skyline.

The lights in the seating area were dimmed, and the spacious stage became more conspicuous.

Many judges were seated on the couches, and all of them were solemnly dressed.

The floor-to-ceiling screen at the back of the stage lit up, and the main theme song that had been passed down for nearly a thousand years was played, causing many guests present to applaud unconsciously, and a few even stood up.

Xie Yu glanced around, only to find that there was a part of the seating area on the left that was completely empty, and where every seat was vacant.

He recalled the original body's memory and finally figured out who those seats belonged to.

They were all reserved seats for the Golden Toilet Awards.

There had never been any guests in previous years, and there was no one this year as well.

He, as well, was assigned to the core seating area of the Golden Laurel Awards.

Xie Yu curled the corners of his mouth calmly, and didn't show the slightest abnormality as the camera scanned over the seating area.

He didn't know if this arrangement was better than letting him sit over there alone.

In fact, he was thinking about the organizer's intentions in doing so.

"Welcome everyone to this year's film festival. It's another year. Let's wait and see what kind of excitement this year's film festival will bring..." Walking out from the corner of the stage, the hostess came out and raised her arms.

"...As you know, this year's film festival is very different. Last year, a famous director threatened to conquer us. Now only his leading actor is here, but it seems that he has got his wish." A hearty male voice appeared—it was Tom, the male host of this year's film festival.

"Of course, he didn't specify what the award was at the time." Xie Yu instantly understood who the host was talking about, and when the camera pointed at him at that moment, he showed a wry smile very cooperatively, which made all the guests burst into laughter.

Tom was a well-known star talk show host, with a unique style of painting, as he would make fun of the guests in the audience, "Then, this year, there is a big winner for the Golden Laurel. With a total of forty-six awards available, he has been nominated an earth-shattering thirty-seven times. It's a historical record—brother, if you don't count by your age, you're the senior to everyone present. So, leave us some room to survive, or we won't let you go at the reception after the ceremony!" (TL: 'unique style of painting' is used to describe unique behavior)

Tom's pretend serious expression caused a burst of exclamation and laughter from the audience.

In the live channel, many viewers were also frightened by the data about the nominations, and were expressing themselves wilding in the barrage with emoticons.

"It's customary for film festivals to start talking about a few people every year. I also planned it in advance, hoping to have a good effect." The male host took a few steps forward, "Then when I came on stage, I realized that something was wrong. The two men I'm teasing are actually wearing the same outfit and sitting together?"

Before the male host finished speaking, the camera pointed at Shen Qi who was beside Xie Yu, and stayed there, as if waiting for the two to give a reaction.