Chapter 1--After the Shipwreck

CHAPTER 1—After the Shipwreck

The moment Xie Yu regained consciousness, he seemed to hear the cries of his colleagues and the sound of wind and waves hitting the hull of the ship.

He tried to move his limbs, but was horrified to find that he couldn't move, and it was extremely difficult to even open his eyes.

He quickly felt the strangeness of his sense of touch.

His whole body seemed to be wrapped in a soft and invisible liquid, cold and sticky.

...That's right——the storm overturned their crew's boat!

He had gotten out of his cabin and was hit head-on by a big wave.

His head seemed to have hit a hard object, and he was taken underwater by the overturned boat.

Xie Yu was startled by this recollection, then gritted his teeth and forced himself to calm down.

Before he opened his eyes, he tried to wave his arms so that he could escape from the waters that would spell his death.

The numbness of his limbs gradually subsided with the return of his conscious, and his stiff hands began to wave slightly, and he sensitively felt the sensation of water passing through his fingertips.

His eyes also slowly opened, and it took a long time to focus.

All sound was cut off, and there was no large boat the crew used to go out on location, and there were no colleagues around who were also likely injured or killed.

The water was a strange and turbid green, changing from the ashy color brought by a previous storm, and very much like the sea water they saw when they set out.

——Sure enough, rescue did not arrive, and he was still in the sea.

Xie Yu's heart sank, thinking that he was probably injured and sinking underwater, so his chance of life was slim, and he immediately became helpless.

But in the next second, he changed his mindset, a little unwillingness emerged from despair, and then a bit of ruthlessness from the unwillingness.

He didn't even have time to check whether a life jacket was still there, he just waved his hands hard, raised his head and struggled upwards, praying that he could rise to the surface as soon as possible.

But halfway through the momentum-gathering movement, he was blocked, and a foreign object hit the back of his hand.

The originally quiet environment also began to fill with noise.

[Detection that citizen Xie Yu regained consciousness]

Xie Yu paused, obviously startled by the female voice coming from nowhere.

He subconsciously rolled those few words and phrases in his mind, and found that the pronunciation was weird, but for some reason he understood it.

Especially the pronunciation of his own name.

At such a moment of life and death, he didn't care so much, and continued to struggle with his hands.

When it was obvious that he was able to move, he secretly breathed an inner sigh of relief.

The female voice continued and gradually became clearer.

[Performing the seventeenth body test]

[All indicators enter the safe range]

A light visible to the naked eye was getting closer and closer.

Xie Yu held back his last bit of strength to move upwards, and with a wave of his hands, brought his body up and out of the water.