Chapter 3--Margaret

CHAPTER 3—Margaret

After Xie Yu received psychological counseling in the emergency center, he was taken by the staff to have his subcutaneous chip reset.

The subcutaneous chip, a standard accessory of all Star Citizens, was painlessly implanted at birth in the most optimal position where physical conditions could be monitored according to the physical composition of different races.

The human chip was located at the proximal end of the armpit of the left arm.

When vital signs become weak, the chip directly connected to the Citizen Information System will give timely feedback and automatically request medical assistance.

When vital signs disappear, the chip will notify the Interstellar Citizen Information Center, lock all the access permissions of the citizen, and force their personal light brain to enter a dormant state.

Before the hospital procedures were completed, Fei Chen had already taken a public aircraft to avoid the attention of the media, and headed to the Citizen Information Center to reactivate the light brain for Xie Yu.

Anna, on the other hand, set off to Xie Yu's apartment first to pack up supplies to be taken to the film festival.

When Xie Yu and his manager left the emergency center and got on the civilian light track suspended in the sky, the media aircrafts that surrounded the emergency center swarmed after them.

Until Xie Yu's aircraft connected to the port of his apartment, they still hovered around and refused to leave.

His apartment was in the bustling business district of the Capital Star, and it only takes ten minutes to get there from the emergency center.

From the moment Xie Yu entered the apartment, he looked at the interior decorations curiously, matching each thing and room with his memory.

Zhou Cheng, who had just entered the door, had a bad complexion, apparently thinking of the report titles he saw on his light brain screen just now on the road.

[The popular artist Xie Yu's apartment was visited by an emergency aircraft! Suspected suicide!]

[The first death in the history of the Golden Toilet, the final choice of the vase actor!] (TL: a vase actor is someone who only has their looks going for them, and no real talent)

[Gossip Zaozhi will follow up for you: Is the worst actor still alive?]

He was still thinking about how to deal with the annoying media, but his train of thought was interrupted by Anna's voice.

"Brother Cheng, Ayu, come and have something to eat. I ordered food for you according to your usual tastes." Anna walked out from a room, holding half-folded clothes in her hand.

Xie Yu thanked her, and took his own lunch box according to the original body's habits in his memory.

When he opened it, he was pleasantly surprised to find that it was Chinese food, so he immediately raised his chopsticks and ate it.

He didn't expect for the food to be cooked well, but the taste was really not flattering.

The sour and astringent seasoning made Xie Yu put down his tableware silently while managing to maintain a smile, and then he leaned back on the sofa after saying a brief excuse.

Zhou Cheng was quickly eating his food, but when he heard the noises around him stop, he raised his head and found that Xie Yu had only eaten a few bites of his food. "Don't you want to eat more? After getting on the spaceship later, the journey will take nearly ten hours."