19 | blue eyes

Young Derek Hale sat in class seemingly writing in his notepad, not really paying close attention to what he was jotting down at his hearing tuned in to his beautiful and loving girlfriend playing cello just a few rooms down in the music room. He wanted nothing more than to go see her and enjoy her lovely music but unfortunately he had to sit through the rest of class.

    But once it was over, he packed up his gear and went straight through the halls and to the music room where he leaned up against the doorframe with a massive grin on his face as he listened to his girlfriend play her cello.

    She didn't need werewolf senses to know he was standing there. She stopped playing, licked her lips then turned to look at him as she said, "What are you staring at?"

    He shook his head. "I'm not staring. I'm listening." She just stared at him with zero response, a smile plastered on her face. "Am I distracting you?"

    She shook her head, turning back to her cello. "No, I've got laser-like focus."

    A smirk grew on young Derek's face. "You sure about that?" Paige closed her eyes for a split second then opened them, continuing playing her cello. Derek stood behind his girlfriend and gently touched her arm. She seemed unbothered. He put his hands on his knees as he lowered himself to her level. He brushed her hair away from her face as gently dragged his bottom lip against her ear. Her cello music slowly faded away as she enjoyed the presence of her boyfriend.

    Once his lips were removed from her ear she opened her eyes and looked away from him, regretting how much effect he had on her. "I hate you," She said, really only half joking.

    He shook his head. "No, you don't." He went around and crouched in front of her. "You love me."

    "Hate you."

    Young Derek's face softened. "You love me." She stared into his eyes and nodded softly, knowing very well she did. Derek didn't waste a second as he leaned in and kissed her.

    "The thing was," Peter said, "he had this constant fear. He was obsessing over it, thinking about it all night, all day, always on his mind."

    Young Derek was sitting at a table at Beacon Hills high with his jock friends, not paying any attention to them. While they laughed and chatted about whatever was on their hormonal minds, he sat there staring at his girlfriend from across the yard, seeing her eating alone, reading a book. He hadn't even realised that his friends left and now sitting at the table was his uncle, Peter Hale, and his uncle's best friend, Will Cohen.

    "Why does she eat alone?" young Peter asked as he sat down, following the gaze of his nephew staring at his girlfriend sitting alone.

    "What are you two doing here?" he asked the two men.

    "I'm looking out for my favourite nephew, making sure no one has a crossbow aimed at your throat," young Peter said. Derek nodded then looked at young Will.

    "And you? What? Just following Peter around?"

    "He's my friend," Will responded. "Wherever he goes, I go." While Peter was explaining the story, every mention of Will she had to resist an eye roll.

    "I could get you two banned from school grounds. You know that, right?" young Derek said, annoyed that they were there.

    "No one would ban me from anywhere. I'm too good-looking," young Peter replied which caused Cora to roll her eyes upon Peter explaining the conversation. "Doesn't she have any friends." Young Peter asked, looking at his nephew's girlfriend.