9 | before it turns ugly

"He's dead. I can't believe he's dead..."

48 hours earlier.

"Dylan, get up!" Lucinda shouted from outside her bedroom. Dylan groaned as she threw her duvet off. She rubbed her eyes as she dragged her feet to her bathroom. But not before she almost tripped over on the way. She caught herself on the wall.

    "Woah. You okay?"

    Dylan had completely forgotten she let Isaac sleep at her house last night after Derek kicked him out.

    Shit.

    "Yeah. I'm good."

    Isaac was still lying on the ground, definitely wide away, probably waiting for Dylan to wake up. She smiled softly at him before grabbing some clothes and heading to the bathroom. She practically slammed the bathroom door shut behind her.

    Shit. Shit. I did not think this through. How do I explain a boy sleeping in my bedroom?

    She'd be able to explain it to Ben but to Lucinda? That was going to take quite a story. She hopped in the shower, hoping that Lucinda or anyone wouldn't walk in her room.

    After showering, she hopped out. She began changing into her washed grey jeans and a band t-shirt when she heard a voice.

    "Hey, Dyl... You're not Dylan."

    Kayla.

    Shit.

    She quickly rushed to throw on her jeans, hopping around the bathroom as she struggled to do so because she barely dried herself.

    As she was hopping around to put on her jeans, she tripped. A loud bang was heard from the bathroom. "Dylan, are you okay?" Isaac asked her.

    "Yeah," she replied from inside the bathroom. She huffed a breath of air, blowing a strain of hair out of her face. She picked herself up and finished putting on her clothes. When she exited her bathroom, she saw Kayla sitting on her bed with a grin on her face, Isaac awkwardly standing around.

    "Hey, Kayla," Dylan breathed.

    "Hey," she said suspiciously, dragging out the word. Her grin only grew more when she saw the awkward tension in the room.

    "Um," Isaac cleared his throat. "Do you mind if I go for a shower?"

    "No. Go ahead." He nodded, grabbing his duffle bag and heading to the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind him. Dylan exhaled and threw her head down. She brushed her hand through her red locks and moved to grab her shoes, sitting on her bed.

    "So," Kayla started, shifting to sit beside her. "You've been home a few days and you already have a boy in your room?" Dylan closed her eyes. She knew Isaac could probably hear their entire conversation and needed an excuse to leave.

    "What's his name? Is he your boyfriend? Why does he kinda look familiar?" Dylan ignored most of her questions and continued tying on her shoes.

    "Kayla! Dylan! Breakfast!" she heard Lucinda shout from downstairs.

    Dylan stood, brushing at her clothes. "Let's go." She stood and Dylan gently pushed Kayla out of her room and through the hall.

    "Wait, but I still have questions." She ignored her and headed downstairs. Lucinda was cooking breakfast with Elijah, Charlie and Austin around the table. Ben was sitting in his usual spot at the head of the table. Lucinda came around and placed a plate of food onto the table. Dylan could hear footsteps coming down the stairs.