prologue | kidnapped

One month later

Dylan screamed as a surge of electrical shock ran throughout her entire body. It had been almost a month since her, Erica and Boyd were kidnapped by an Alpha pack. A whole werewolf pack that just contained Alpha's, however that worked.

    After the werewolves attacked them, she was knocked out cold. She woke up in a solid, dark, empty room. She didn't know where she was. There was no way to escape. And she was alone. She hadn't seen Boyd nor Erica. One of the werewolves, went by the name Kali. She never wore shoes, which disgusted Dylan. She had extremely long toenails.

    Dylan saw only Kali. Never any other Alpha. Never the leader of the Alpha pack. Just Kali. Every day, at different times, she would go into the room they kept her in and messed with her in some way. Sometimes, it was electrocuting her, like in that moment. Sometimes, it was testing her strength by making her fight. Others, it was by throwing a bucket of wolfsbane on her.

    The Alpha pack knew of Dylan and her family. It was why we took you, Kali told her. She spent the month testing the lengths of her power. Dylan didn't know the lengths of her power. She didn't give Benjamin the time to explain. Benjamin...

    Dylan screamed as Kali turned the dial up another notch. Her screams became blood curdling. She didn't know how much longer she could endure the pain. She hadn't eaten in so long. But that was nothing new to Dylan. She fell to the floor, hunched over on her hands and knees once Kali stopped. Something she rarely did, but this time, it was because a voice told her too.

    "That's enough, Kali," the man spoke. Dylan panted as she looked up. "You're going to kill her. We want to test her, not kill her." The man was... blind? He searched his way through with a walking stick. He was a tall, middle-aged man with sandy blonde hair.

    The man slowly walked over to her, using only the sounds of her panting breathing to guide him. He crouched down and gently touched her chin. Sweat receded from her forehead. She was too tired to move. Too tired to do anything.

    "You are a special one, aren't you?" Dylan panted. He stayed crouched by her face before standing and guiding himself back to Kali. "Get some food in her. We don't want her to starve." Kali nodded, even though he couldn't see. Was he the leader?

    "Where..." Dylan panted before they left the room. Dylan tried to stand but failed. "Where are my friends?" The words barely escaped her lips.

    "You'll see them soon," the man replied. "We need to run more tests."

    I'm not your personal lab rat, she wanted to spit. But she couldn't. She just collapsed to the ground. Tired and sore. She couldn't bear it anymore. She knew she was... different. But why did everyone care? Why did everyone want her so badly? Why would they torture her just to find out, to what extend her powers would go to. Why?

    Dylan passed out, unable to contain any strength.

<><><>

Erica and Boyd were locked away in a room, away from Dylan. The two were beyond worried. After being knocked out by the Alpha pack almost a month ago, they woke in a dark, solid room. They hadn't seen Dylan since. And if the two were together, that meant Dylan was alone. It made Erica's stomach turn.

    Maybe three, four times in the one month they were locked away, they had a visit. Only one. Kali. Erica and Boyd asked, multiple times, where Dylan was. All they'd get was like she was okay, but it wasn't time for her to have visitors yet. Of course, neither of them knew what that meant. It wasn't her time to have visitors?