13 | electrify

Dylan and Elijah walked into the hospital. Ambulance sirens were blaring outside and when they walked inside, it was packed with patients but not enough doctors.

    "Hey, we're looking for Charlie Hawke's room," Elijah said to the receptionist.

    "Relation to the patient?" she asked, barely giving them a glance, just staring at her computer typing away.

    "Brother and sister," he answered.

    "Down the hall, room 220."

    "Thanks," Dylan said rudely before walking away and heading to his room with Elijah beside her. "Bitch," she mumbled under her breath.

    The meet was cancelled. So, as soon as they arrived back home, Elijah and Dylan made their way to the hospital. They hadn't heard a single update yet. So they went to the hospital to see how he was. And Dylan just really wanted to know how to hell he survived.

    After getting on the bus, Ethan told them that he believed Derek was alive but Ennis wasn't. And because of that, Derek had two choices. Either he joined the Alpha pack - meaning he had to kill his own betas - or Kali goes after him and they kill him.

    On the bus trip back home, Dylan got a phone call from Cora which confirmed Ethan's suspicions; Derek was alive. And well, apparently. He was all healed up, no scratches, no wounds. Which was good. Dylan then told her that she would be over tomorrow and that once they got home, she was going to go to the hospital to check on Charlie. She told her it was okay and to not worry.

    So that's where she was, at the hospital with Elijah about to see Charlie and the family. She wondered how he survived yet Ennis - an Alpha werewolf - didn't. Elijah pushed open Charlie's hospital door. When they walked in, they saw the entire Hawke family around his bed and Charlie, awake and breathing. He had a few cuts and bruises and a massive bandage on his arm.

    "Hey, Elijah," Charlie said. Then his eyes shifted to Dylan. "Hi."

    She didn't know what to do or what to say. So, she just stood there. Elijah ran over to his older brother and hugged him. He groaned groggily in pain. And that's when she noticed; he may have been alive and breathing, but something was wrong. She could almost smell it. He wasn't getting better.

    "What happened? Are you okay?" Elijah hurried to ask his brother as he pulled from the hug.

    "Elijah, honey, relax," Lucinda said.

    But he ignored her. "What happened?"

    He looked at Dylan briefly. She wasn't sure whether he told them or not. She wasn't sure what he had told them. "I was attacked," he said.

    "You were attacked? By who?"

    He shook his head. "I don't know."

    Why is he covering for me? she thought. He should be furious. Ready to throw me under the bus.

    "Well, I'm really glad you're okay." Elijah smiled.

    Benjamin was oddly quiet. "Dylan, can I speak with you?" he asked. She nodded and the two left the room. Benjamin closed the door behind him and looked around. Dylan knew exactly what he wanted to talk about. "Mind explaining what happened?"

    "What do you mean?" She acted dumb. "He told you what happened. He was attacked."

    "This wasn't just any attack. This has werewolf written all over it." Dylan looked away. "Well, start explaining."

    Dylan rubbed her forehead and sighed. "Charlie was attacked by the Alpha's."

    "The Alpha pack? How? When?"