4 | plan a

Scott and Stiles spend the afternoon after leaving the animal clinic searching for a way into the vault. Isaac was taking a sabbatical to rest up after the past couple of days. And Derek sat alone in his loft thinking about his three Betas and how one could possibly be dead.

    He didn't want to believe that Erica could be dead. He had to believe that she was still alive. And that Isaac just saw wrong. He needed to believe it. Because if he thought, even for a second, that someone he turned into a werewolf was dead because he couldn't protect them...

    Yes, sure, he told them not to go. He warned them about the danger of leaving. Yes, it was their decision to leave. But he should've persuaded them better. He turned them. He was their Alpha. He promised them protection and the minute his back was turned, they get taken and one ended up dead, another ended up tortured.

    That morning when he laid in his bed thinking about Boyd, Erica and Dylan, and the possible new werewolf in the bank vault with them, he had received two text messages; one from Scott saying they figured out a way into the bank vault and were going over at five. And another from Benjamin asking if they had a plan yet.

    He responded saying: yes. Come around five, we've got something.

    Once five o'clock rolled around, Derek's loft swarmed with boys. With Derek, Stiles, Scott and Benjamin surrounding the table in the middle of the loft. And Peter sitting on the staircase, listening to their plan and silently judging them. Stiles laid out a multitude of papers on the desk.

    "Okay, you see this?" Stiles began, laying down a big blue-print sheet of paper of the bank vault they were trying to break into. "This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault which is here." He circled the area labelled vent with his red marker, beside it was another red marked circle circled around the word vault.

    "One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about twelve hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall." He marked the blueprint. "Boom!"

    "Can we fit in there?" Scott asked his best friend, standing beside him.

    "Yes, we can, but very, very barely," he answered. "And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind." Derek inhaled a breath of air. "I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit--"

    "Look, forget the drill," Derek said in a low, quiet voice, his head hanging low and his palms on the table, standing beside Stiles.

    Stiles pressed his lips together. "Sorry?"

    "If I go in first, how much space do I have?"

    Stiles scoffed, looking beside him at his best friend. Benjamin rubbed his forehead. "What do you-- what do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?"

    Derek stood up straight, crossing his arms over his chest. "Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall."

    "Okay, okay, big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist." He waved his hand. "Big, old fist. Make it, come on." Derek, reluctantly, raised his fist. "Get it out there, don't be scared." Peter and Benjamin waited to see what Derek was going to do, knowing, very well, who Derek Hale was.

    "Big, bad wolf. Yeah, look at that." Peter had to stifle his laugh. "Okay, see this?" Stiles grabbed Derek's wrist and raised his hand, mimicking it as if it was the wall. Derek had to fight the urge to just hit him.