The Guy named Aaron

Start from the beginning

     I run up to the homeless guy, and push the employee. "Sir, are you okay?"

     I look back at the employee and tell him, "You have no right to treat this man as if he is an animal. Just because he doesn't have what you have, doesn't mean he shouldn't treat him any better as your customers. He is a human being who has a different way of living!"

     "This man needs to go. He's driving away customers."

     I give him a grimace look, more of a hatred glare, and my eyes fall down at his green apron to his name tag. Aaron.

     "Well, Aaron. This is public property. You have no right to demand anyone to leave here. How would you like it if someone treated you with so much disrespect, and treats you like you're a wild animal?"

     He says nothing and looks down to his shoes. He murmurs something before looking up at me. He gives out a low sigh and says, "I'm sorry." Shifting his brown eyes to the homeless man.

     The man accepts his apology, grabs his stuff, and leaves as the employee awkwardly leaves our sights.

     "Wait!" I say, wanting to help him, "I wanted to offer you some food!"

     "It's okay. I just need time to think. Thank you for giving me some hope that there are good people here." He says from afar, with his back facing the opposite direction as me. He turns back and head off.

     I turn around to see Stiles in awe with our drinks.

     "How long have you been standing there?"

     "Long enough to know that Little Miss Shortcake actually has a heart." Stiles grins.

     "Shut up." I say grabbing my drink from his grip. "Thanks for paying. I'll owe you back."

     We head back to the jeep, and rush to my old house before it gets to dark to see the road.

     "Ayyee Stiles, can I see your phone?" I say as I look over the the dashboard with the clock saying 5:38pm.

     "Why?" Stiles hesitate as his eyes shifts to meet mine.

     "Because I want to call me mom." I respond calmly, but stern.

     "Oh shoot!" He swerves to park his car away from the middle of the road and parks it.

     "What?" I say with wide eyes and a terrified look on my face.

     "I forgot to call my dad." Stiles hastens to reach his phone from his back pocket.

     "Geez! I though it was something serious."

     "It is. He's the sheriff. He's going to send possibly every guy he know to look for me... and you... If he knows I'm with you." Stiles releases a breath and l unlocks his phone.

     The bright light made it seem like his lovely face was glowing. He puts the phone on his ear and starts giving information about his whereabouts on his father's voice mail. He ends his call and shift his eyes towards me.

     "Here." He says, heading me his phone. Still in a small panic, trying to inhale and exhale as he rest his head with his eyes closed.

     "Thanks." I look at the phone and slide my finger on the screen. "What's you password?"

     "2, 6, 4, 8." He says, still with his eyes closed.

     As I unlock his phone, I automatically see us laughing during the 'Haunted Halls' from Danny's Birthday Party.

"Why do you have this as your home screen wallpaper?" I was... actually am furious. Stiles slowly open his eyes and looks toward the bright screen.

     "Oh shit! You weren't supposed to see that!" He says as he attempts to grab his phone off my hands.

"Why do you have this as your wallpaper?" I repeat, with a harsher tone.

     Normally girls with smile at the fact that a guy with they like would put them as their wallpaper. But I don't want too like someone or them to like me because it never goes right.

     "I..." He hesitates before be starts talking really fast, "I like you, okay. I thought you heard me say it after that dance and in the car. I thought you knew when I kissed you." He looks down to hide is smile, before looking back up at me while he bit his bottom lip. "I just... gosh. I'm an idiot!" He slams the palm of his hand to the steering wheel. "I just really like you Lydia!"

     "Well, stop it. It's not going to be good for either of us." I say quietly.

     "I can't. If I knew how, I would. But I just can't. And I don't want to stop."

     "When? When did you start liking me?"

     "When you smiled while we were running away from Jackson while we destroyed his house... well room. And when I kissed you."

     I never thought a guy would ever like a girl when she smile. I rarely smile though. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I remember the look from Jackson's face as we destroyed his room. It was priceless. Revenge is a sweet thing. And honestly, I couldn't remember the kiss. But after that, it made me conscious of my surroundings again.

     *~ Do I like him? ~*

     "Exactly." He says as I look back up to him, not noticing that I was smiling the entire time.

     "You look beautiful when you smile. And ever since then, I couldn't stop thinking about you. About your smile. How you planned everything. I thought about how sassy and fearless you are, especially with Malia."

     I growl at the thought of Malia. She is such a horrible person.

     "Well, there's no need to be jealous, Lydia." He says with a smirk. "Do you... do you like me too?"

"Don't ask that." I command, giving his phone back.

     He gives out a sigh and nods. He drives the car again and turns on the radio to fill in the silence.

     "Stiles."

     "Yeah." He says with his eyes not leaving the road.

     "I still need to borrow your phone." I say shyly, reaching out my hand, waiting for him to place it on the palm of my hand. The awkward exchange was somewhat comforting, because we transitioned into thinking how awkward this is.