emergency landing

THE CAR GENTLY CAME TO A STOP IN FRONT OF THE PRIVATE PLANE, Amy glanced out the window and at the plane.

She looked back at Emmy, her mouth wide open.

"It's still weird thinking about how rich my baby sister is. Like her own private plane rich."

Emmy shrugged, "I guess, you get used to it."

There was a knock on Amelia's window, she pressed the button to roll her window down. There stood a man in a black suit.

"We are loading your luggage on the plane, everything else is set. Take off is in five minutes."

"Can we push it back a little?" Amelia asked, hoping she'd be able to buy enough time for her sister to make it to the plane, "We're still waiting on someone."

He nodded, "I will tell the pilot, for now you are all more than welcomed to board the plane."

"We'll need someone to help us take a baby in the plane." Jo said.

"Of course." He said.

Jo and Amelia exited the car, each with a infant carrier in hand, along with the help of the man. They climbed the stairs with the babies, once inside, they secured the babies into the seats. Now all they had to do was wait for Gisele.

"I'm starting to get worried." Amelia confessed as she sat down in her own seat.

If Emmy was being completely honest, she was too, Gisele was starting to show some worrying signs, "She's starting to worry me too. It seems like she's shutting down her emotions again."

"That's what scares me," Amelia said, "She won't even look at the babies."

"She just needs to get used to them." Emmy stated.

"Yes, but she'd had the time to get used to them."

"I mean, not really," Emmy disagreed, "Between the triplets being in the NICU, her own recovery, and her taking time to actually feel like her own person again, there wasn't much time to get used to them."

Amelia nodded, she just hoped her sister would be okay, "Do you think she's going to show up?"

Emmy stared over at the babies for a moment, truthfully she wouldn't put it past Gisele to run to the nearest airport and take the first flight out of the country.

"Honestly, there's a chance she wouldn't. I think she'd take the first flight to Brasil."

Amelia frowned, "Why Brazil?"

"She's been wanting to go."

Back at the apartment, Gigi went to the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of wine. She popped cork and drank from straight from the bottle.

She chugged it.

Then she brought the bottle down from her lips and checked how much she'd drank. There was a third left.

Gisele groaned, she didn't want to leave Italy, it was peaceful and laid back. She especially didn't want to travel with three babies.

She exhaled, tipped her head back and gulped down the rest. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, she would've been set with what she'd already drank, but she needed to get the edge off.

She threw the green glass bottle into the recycling before packing the last few miscellaneous things into a bag before heading out the door.

She exited the apartment then took the elevator down to the managements office and dropped the apartment key off.