don't, lets start

Gisele walked into the ER, making her way over to Maggie, she noticed her brother staring at her intensely which she continued to ignore him.

"Dr. Pierce, I'm on your service today." She informed.

Maggie turned towards her, "Okay, oh I forgot some scans in the scanning room would you go get them. Thanks."

Gisele quickly turned and headed to the elevator, not wanting to talk to her brother. Once she got to the room, she entered and saw Arizona with Herman. Noticing they were looking at a scan of a fetus.

She gasped as she walked further into the room and closet to the screen, "This is so cool, I've never seen a CCAM case like this, it's huge." She excitedly said, warning looks from both woman, "Sorry."

"Shepherd tell me what CCAM stands for." Herman said.

"Congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation. The mass is pressing on his heart and lungs," she said and leaned closer to the screen, "He's developed hydrops."

Herman have her a satisfied nod before looking over at Arizona, "Robbins continue."

"Waldo's CCAM has been unresponsive to steroid treatment. And as Baby said, he's developing hydrops."

Herman stepped closer to the screen, tapping it to change it to the next slide, "This is what fetal surgery was created for," she looked over at Gisele, wanting to know how much she knew about fetal surgery, "Shepherd, tell me the steps of this surgery."

She took a moment to think before speaking, "First, you open the mother, incise the uterus, remove the CCAM and put him right back."

Herman was now definitely impressed with her, "How do you know this?"

"Oh, I assisted Dr. Montgomery on a similar case, except it was as cool." Suddenly her pager went off pager, "I have to go, good luck though." She said grabbing the scans before leaving.

Gisele heard about woman who was living in her car and was badly hurt, and how Jo was on her case. That caused Gisele to worry a bit and since Maggie hadn't needed her, she decided to check up on her.

She walked up to the nurses station where Jo was intensely staring at the computer screen.

"I brought you a treat," She held out a powered donut which Jo gladly took with a smile, "I heard about the carjacking. Are you okay?"

Jo nodded and moaned as she took a bite, "This so the best donut I've ever had."

She smirked, "It's vegan."

She laughed when Jo immediately stopped chewing, "You're kidding."

Gisele shook her head, "I thought all vegan food was blah."

"Not if you know the good places."

Jo finished the donut and wiped her hands, "Thank you, and I am fine."

"I know you're scared of not having a home but if you and Alex ever break up just know I've got you..."

She trailed off when she heard someone yell her name, she turned around and saw Arizona rapidly approaching her, "I need your help learning the steps for the CCAM I'm doing tomorrow."

"You're asking her for help?" Jo asked in disbelief.

Gisele furrowed her brows, "You're asking me for help? Why?"

"Because I'm learning the steps from a journal article. Actually, not even from the chicken scratch in the margin of an article. I think she's trying to haze me Or set me up for a failure or, uh, maybe kill me."

"But I'm a third year, what makes you think I'm better than her chicken scratch." Gisele said.

Arizona sighed, "You were practically raised by Dr. Addison Forbes Montgomery double board-certified OBGYN, who subspecializes in maternal-fetal medicine/fetal surgery, and is neonatal surgeon. And you've done one of these before."

"Okay, I'll help but you have to tell Dr. Pierce you need my help because I'm on her service today."

Arizona frantically nodded, "Okay, let's go."

Gisele was putting covers over her shoes when she was approached by Herman.

"Robbins told me you helped her with the steps."

She nodded, "Yeah, I did."

"I'm impressed, if you weren't a third year resident I would've picked you as my fellow. You have potential to make an astounding fetal surgeon or an surgeon at that. You're also way ahead of your class from what I've seen." Herman told her before walking away.

Gisele stood there in shock for a moment before scrubbed in and entering the OR and taking her place beside Maggie.

"How old did this guy say he was again?" Maggie asked.

"40." Gisele answered.

"He's got the esophagus of an 80-year-old."

Ben looked over at bailey in disbelief, "You went jogging?"

"Yes, I jogged Half a mile, and now I can barely walk, and that's embarrassing enough without you acting like I took a rocket to the moon!" Bailey snapped.

"You shouldn't be embarrassed. I hope you don't give up. The thing is, no matter when you start something like this, it's gonna be hard." Maggie said.

Gisele nodded, "She's right Dr. Bailey. When I first went vegan, I went cold turnkey which didn't work then I just cut out meat, then fish then animal products, and now I'm fully vegan. You have to start out somewhere."

"How did helping Dr. Robbins with the CCAM go?" Maggie asked.

"It went good, she understood the steps better."

"Shepherd, you helped Robbins study for a surgery, you a third year resident?" Bailey said.

Gisele nodded, "I've assisted on a similar case with Addison."

Out of nowhere the man's BP started dropping then he was in vfib, and after shocking him a few times Maggie declared him dead. Maggie told Gisele that she didn't need to join her and Bailey to inform the patient.

Gisele scrubbed out before looking for Jo, she found her on the residents lounge and went and sat by her, "I just lost a patient who came in with what he thought was heartburn but it turned out to be cancer."

"I'm sorry, are you okay?"

Gisele shrugged, "I don't know why I feel like crying? It's not like he's the first patient I've lost."

"Maybe because it was unexpected."

She shrugged, "I guess."