family affair iii

24 weeks pregnant

JACKSON LEANED BACK INTO THE CHAIR AS HE LOOKED OVER AT GISELE.

"What exactly is going to happen during the surgery?" Emmy asked.

Arizona sat back down, "We insert the fetoscope into the amniotic cavity, through a three-millimeter incision on your abdomen. The scope lets us clearly see and identify the abnormal fetal blood vessel connections that need to be ablated, closed. We then use the laser to seal these connections."

Jackson noticed how Gisele tensed, he reached out and placed his hand on her arm. She turned to him, first she looked down at his hand then up to his eyes.

They were greenish today. She loved his eyes and loved the way they seemed to change between blue and green.

"Any questions?"

She tore her eyes away from his and yanked her arm out of his touch, "Nope."

Arizona excused herself, she'd been paged nine one one and rushed out the room. The four of them silently walked to pre-op. Once inside, Gisele began changing into a gown and Jackson and turned around to face the wall.

"Why are you turning around? It's nothing you haven't seen before." She muttered.

"I know. I just-"

A nurse walked in and announced she was there to prepare Gisele. Once ready, more nurses came in and wheeled her out of the room.

"Can you tell Amy to be there when she's done with her a surgery?" Gisele asked Emmy.

She nodded, "Yes, I'll text her right now." She pulled out her phone and quickly texted Amelia, "There all done."

"I can be in there if you want?" Jackson offered.

"No, it's okay," Gisele declined, "I just want my sister right now."

Emmy jokingly gasped, "Wow, not even me. I'm hurt."

"You don't even like fetal surgery videos, you get nauseous. How are you going to witness one in person?"

"Good point." Emmy said.

"Gig-Gisele, I can-"

Emmy cut her off, "Jackson can I talk to you," he nodded. She bent down and kissed Gigi's forehead, "Love you."

She smiled, "Love you too."

Jo took Emmy's spot, "Why are you being so cold towards Jackson? Emmy literally told me she caught you two having sex."

Gisele scoffed, "We weren't having sex, I was delirious and cuddling with him."

Emmy pulled Jackson to the side, "Just because you guys had sex-"

"Nothing happened."

4 Weeks ago

Emmy hurriedly rushed out of her car and sprinted to the front porch, to her surprise Gisele was sat on the porch swing only in a oversized black shirt and what she assumed was some shorts.

"What the hell?" It was abnormally cold for March and it was pouring rain, "Gigi."

She opened her eyes saw it was her then closed them again, "What?"

Emmy frowned, something was definitely wrong, "What do you mean what? It's pouring and you're out here without a jacket." She walked over to Gisele, placed her hands on her shoulders to shake her awake but pulled back. Emmy was shocked at how hot her skin was, "How long have you been sick?"