the distance

Gisele walked out of her room heading to the bathroom to shower when she saw Jo a few steps ahead of her.

"Hey, can I hop in with you?"

Jo nodded, "Sure," then she went in to discuss how she always tells Alex that the bread goes in the fridge before they entered the bathroom to see Arizona was already there, "Sorry, our shower's still busted and we have rounds," she explained and both began undressing, "You know what? I told him a thousand times You put the bread on the counter, it molds. You put it in the fridge, it's fine. I'm right, right?"

She then stepped into the shower, "But it dries out faster and gets stale," Gisele stated as she also stepped into the shower.

Arizona was left bewildered before rushing out of the bathroom.

Arizona rushed into the CT scan room, where Amelia and Stephanie were, "Wilson and Baby Shepherd just barged in and stole my shower, together." She told expecting them to be shocked too but by the look on their faces they weren't, "Why am I the only one that looks surprised?"

"Because my sister does that, she's done it with me her entire life, with Addie a few times till she set boundaries, and did it with her best friend from home." Amelia explained nonchalantly.

Stephanie nodded, "Those two are freakishly close, not so close that I feel like a third wheel. And she's done it with me once here."

Gisele was sitting on the bench in the residents lounge when Stephanie stormed in and over to her.

"Your sister is being a bitch, she just yelled at me for suggesting she call your brother, then called me an idiot resident."

Gisele frowned, "You shouldn't have done that, that's a sensitive subject... look all her career she's been compared to my brother and it gets tiring, people doubt your abilities. But I will go talk to her." She got up and exited the room.

After getting her sister food, she entered the lab to see her sister staring intensely at the screen in front of her. Gisele set the bag of food in front of Amelia, "I heard you flipped out." She said and took a seat next to her.

Amelia let out a frustrated sigh, "This tumor is making me crazy, am I crazy for thinking I can do this?"

Gisele nodded, "Yes, you are," Amelia looked up with hurt evident in her face, "But so was the dude who did the first ever surgery. We need crazy people doing crazy things to advance in everything in life, and you can do this. Now eat," Gisele pointed toward the food.

Amelia shook her head, "Not until I figure this out."

"If I even think of skipping a meal everyone would freak, so eat."

She sighed and began opening the bag revealing Italian take out, "I wouldn't freak out, that's everyone else."

"Whatever, and I told you if you needed a sounding board to get me." Gisele said.

Amelia took a bite of her food before speaking, "I would but you're always in surgery with Robbins and Herman."

"Because Herman thinks I was "made" for fetal surgery."

Amy chuckled, "But your not right? You're going to go into neuro because doesn't fetal require you to deliver vaginally sometimes."

Gisele nodded, "right."

Gisele finished rounding on patients when her phone went off, she looked at it and it was a message from her sister saying she was about to operate on Herman. She knew she needed to be there for her and headed down to the OR floor. Once there she was about to turn the corner to get to the OR gallery when she was stopped by Arizona.