39 - { ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴏɴ }

Second Person POV:

"If you are to...dispose of me, let's say, then may I have the honor of knowing each of your names?" You observe each of the slayers, noticing that each of them looked much alike, although with slight differences.

The first slayer, the one who had caught sight of you, had short green hair and sharp teal eyes. The most powerful one of the three, you assumed. This one seemed confident, unlike the boy stationed several feet behind him, who looked like he was about to cry.

This boy had fluffy black hair and icy blue eyes, and was much shorter than the girl he was holding onto, who you presumed to be his sister. This girl, a female of average height, had white hair, also donning the same blue eyes as her younger - or possibly twin - brother.

Luckily, there was no way any of them were ranked higher than Tsuchinoe, so you wouldn't have as many injuries from the fight as you did with Kanae, ignoring the fact that the Pillar wasn't trying to murder you like you were to her.

Speaking of murder, you still had three slayers in front of you who you didn't know the intentions of.

It would be easy for you to simply stab them and let them bleed out, but you weren't aiming to kill. You couldn't, not after what you had done to Shinobu with the same weapon.

You knew you had to knock them unconscious without murdering them, just like they were aiming to do to you, or so you hoped. You couldn't tell for certain, but from what Douma had informed you, the demon slayers did not kill humans, which would make your job infinitely easier, yet still not a guaranteed win.

The black haired boy hesitates. "You may not." He states. "You won't need to know our names after you're unconscious."

Bingo. With that one sentence, you knew that they were planning to knock you out and drag you back to the demon slayer headquarters, meaning that you would find out the exact location, but you wouldn't know how to travel there all by yourself.

This meant that you couldn't let them capture you to find out their location; you would have to stick to your original plan of knocking the three unconscious and finding out where the hell Douma had disappeared off to.

You sigh. "Fine then, if that's how it is. I'll simply refer to you as Leafy," you point to the green haired boy, "Tiny," you point to the teary-eyed boy, "and Icecube." You point to the girl, who to you appeared to be giving her brother a pep talk.

The green hair boy was clearly irked at this. "You will not do that! My name is Orokana Meinu, and you better remember it when I knock you unconscious!" He snaps. You stare at him, unimpressed.

"Good for you, Leafy." You state, keeping a passive expression on your face. His right eye twitches, his glare boring into you as if he were a royal demanding respect - he was most definitely not getting that point across, since he mirrored a pouty child more than anything else.

You hear a soft 'crunch' noise to your side, and your body goes on high alert. You whip around, ducking under whatever the person had thrown at you, which happened to be a thick piece of wood tossed by the boy whom you knew as Tiny.

You duck under the plank, rolling out of the way of the katana Meinu had attempted to strike you with.

"Orokana-san, you're not supposed to kill her!" The girl yells out, sheathing her katana. Swinging his katana at you, Orokana grunts. You jump back, avoiding his attempts to stab you. One of them comes close to you, but you block it with the kunai.