25 - { ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴏꜰ ᴅɪꜱᴀᴘᴘᴏɪɴᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ }

Muzan POV:

I watched through Akaza's eyes as the girl fell from the platform. Really? He couldn't even control his power enough not to kill a human? Pathetic. Now one of them was dead. So disappointing.

"The other one better not die." I grumbled aloud.

"What was that?" Right, she was still here. I was in my child form, attempting to gain information on that wretched blue flower, but apparently, I couldn't be in a room without a 'supervisor' after all of the disappearances in the town. I swear, I'll murder whatever demon's doing this is.

"Nothing of your concern, simply a character in the book!" I didn't turn around to face the woman on the couch, knowing that she would be halfheartedly paying attention.

I returned my vision so that I was watching through the rainbow eyes of Upper Two. He had a clear view of the alive girl apparently trying to comfort Akaza...what in the world? I watched them for several painstaking minutes longer before deciding that I would do something about Akaza's reckless behavior.

I placed the useless book on the shelf and peered behind me at the pathetic lady. Should I kill her? No, it would be too inconvenient to dispose of her and make up a story. Sneaking out was a much better option; I could say that I saw something outside that interested me so I wanted to follow it.

I vanished from the room entirely, leaving no trace of my presence. 

Once I was in the street, I searched for an alleyway that no one was in to teleport in peace, no questions asked. "Nakime." I muttered under my breath, reverting to my adult male form. The woman transported me to the Castle with a near silent 'twang'.

"Bring Akaza to me, and send the other two away. I don't really care what they do, as long as that one doesn't die. It would be so inconvenient, considering that the other is already dead." Several short moments later, the pink haired demon was bowing before me, a serious expression on his face.

"Akaza. Do you know why you're here?" Akaza hesitated slightly before proceeding to shake his head, gold eyes fixated on the tatami flooring, not daring to glance up at me for even a second. Good.

"You're here because you decided it would be a good idea to let the one person I told you 'Keep this human alive' die. You let it die. Not only that, but you were the reason of its death. Your incompetence has cost me greatly, do you understand?" I was livid, how could he be so reckless? It was only one job.

"Do my words even mean anything to you? Keep. The human. Alive. Simple instructions, but you were too reckless to actually listen, and you tore an arm clean off. You were the cause of the human's death." I shook my head in disdain. 

"You should've known what damage your strength would cause. It's so disappointing to hear about this massive lack of control over your abilities. Leave now." I was not even upset at the fact the silver headed child was dead, humans were easily replaceable - plus, she was mostly useful so that the other one wouldn't take an attempt at escaping again.

Akaza disappeared from my sight, Nakime transporting him out of the Infinity Castle. I walked over and heavily sat on a red couch-like chair that had appeared on the platform several moments ago, my mind occupied with thoughts about this.

What shocked me was the fact that Akaza, who was one of the most powerful Uppermoons, a demon for over two centuries, did not know how much of his power was able to kill a human. It was astonishing, this showed how little control he had over his strength, and how much more he needed to improve. 

"Nakime, send me back." I said, absolutely done with the entire situation. What I needed was a good meal just about now, to take my mind off of things and focus on finding more information on that stupid blue flower.

Then I was teleported to the front door of a small log cabin. I was in the middle of a shady forest, but what caught my attention was the delicious smell of the blood wafting from inside the house. It was marechi. An entire family, no less!

"Nakime, brilliant work." I grinned widely, already opening the door to greet my meal inside. I was eating well tonight!

Akaza POV:

After I was yelled at for being a horrible disappointment, I was transported out by Nakime. 

I landed in a field of tall grass, of which I was slightly able to see over the tops. I sniffed, smelling the strong scent of blood. When I looked down towards my feet to see what had been the cause of the smell, I saw the mangled body of what I could barely make out to be a human man, possibly in his late teens or early twenties.

I nudged the corpse with my foot, seeing how recently he had died. 'Definitely not edible.' I thought, seeing several different insects scuttle out from under him. I sighed, shuffling farther away to avoid the bugs.

"Yeah, I'm not dealing with this." With that, I swiped away the tall grass, revealing a beautifully decorated garden behind it. I hesitated before stepping foot onto the pathway, surveying the land for any humans - live ones.

After double checking that there was no one in the vicinity, I began to wander along the carnation lined walkway, marveling at every plant I saw. It was quite childish, but it was also quite serene. At this point, I had absolutely forgotten about what Muzan had said (well, yelled) to me.

My favorite by far was the lilac trees that towered over the entire area. The flowers were beautiful, and created such a calming atmosphere when the branches swayed in the wind, causing small petals to drop off the tree.

I finally focused my attention on the humongous temple in front of me. How did I not notice this before? I stood in front of the stairs of the building, inspecting it. Several seconds later, I pulled open the double doors and went in. 

The sudden sound of many human heartbeats grew evident as I roamed the many hallways. It was strange, I couldn't hear a single living creature while I was out in the garden, so the place had come across as lonesome, almost abandoned. Now, it was teeming full of humans. This strange temple was likely a religious sanctuary of some sorts, considering how well kept the gardens were and how I couldn't see even a speck of dust on the floor.

I knew that many humans were asleep in this building, but I would wait on eating them; I wanted to explore the eerie place first.

After stopping in my tracks and focusing all my energy on listening to my surroundings, I heard the faint sound of rapid breathing. A human who was awake. Walking towards it seemed like it was a trap, but I was sure I would be able to defend myself against whatever it was.

I sprinted through the halls until I reached the room where the only awake human was. I reached for the door to open it.

"Hello!" A voice whispered behind my back, scaring the absolute living shit out of me. I swung my arm out, inches away from smashing whoever it was in the face. I was given another smile, and this time a quiet laugh.

Word Count: 1285