2 - { ᴄᴀᴘᴛɪᴠᴀᴛɪɴɢ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ }

Kikuchi POV:

I led the beautiful girl down a path, veering into the forest. We walked in silence for an hour before she said anything. 

"Where are you taking me?" She stopped, crossing her arms. I looked back at her, staring into her dull (e/c) eyes. As usual, they were completely void of any emotion. I crouched low onto the ground, resting my tired legs which had started to hurt from the long walk. I pointed ahead in the direction of a clearing. 

"I'm taking you to the temple, where Douma-sama is right now. After that, you'll live there." I searched for a stick on the dry ground, picking up a long twig. I dragged it around, tracing a vague map of the area surrounding our destination. The girl studied it for a minute and nodded. She stepped in front of me, offering a slender hand out to help me.  

"Thanks." I said as she pulled me up. We walked side by side, hand in hand for another half hour. I listened to the sounds of nature, feeling calm.  

'Oh my goodness, I just realized I'm holding hands with a girl!' I felt my face starting to heat up, reddening by the second. I saw the temple come into view, and I relaxed. 

"Aaaaaand we're here! Welcome to Paradise Faith Cult, the place of your dreams!" I grinned at her, dramatically throwing my arms up for effect. She looked at me then back at the temple blankly. 

"Cool. It's big. Should we go inside?" She stated. I nodded my head and waited for her to head towards the building. When she didn't, I frowned. I realized she was staring down at the ground, as if she were contemplating something deeply.

"Errr, didn't you say you were going inside? (Y/N)-chan?" She took a deep breath, and I was starting to get confused. What was she so deep in thought about? I wonder if she's having doubts about this...

"Kikuchi-san?" She said, breaking the silence and my train of thought. I focused on her fingers, which she was fidgeting with subconsciously.

"Yes (Y/N)-chan?"

"Should I pretend that I have emotions? It's just an idea. Wh-what I mean is, act happy or sad or something..." She trailed off, looking at the grassy ground. I smiled and put my hand on her shoulder, causing her to stare back up at me. I gazed deeply into those empty eyes, thinking of an appropriate response. 

"Do whatever your mind says you should do. If you can't rely on your heart, use your brain." I tapped my head and smiled. She nodded at me slowly, and a smile that I knew was fake appeared on her face. 

"Thank you, Kikuchi-san." She backed away a step, and she grabbed my wrist, pulling me inside. I switched her grasp so that I was holding onto her instead, leading her. 

"Takeshi." I said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" She looked perplexed, her (h/l) hairstyle swaying to one side as she tilted her head. 

"I mean, you can call me Takeshi if you would like to. I'm already on first-name basis with you, so it's only fair." I shrugged, not sure if she was okay with the idea of calling me by my first name. She nodded and gave me a thumbs-up, and I returned it with an amused smile. 

"Okay, we're here." I led her outside the main room, my hand reaching for the cold metal doorknob. 

"When we get inside, I'm going to leave so don't freak out or anything." I knocked on the wide door, and a familiar voice said, 'Come in!'. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV: 

Takeshi-kun led me inside a large room, and closed the wooden door. At the far side of the space, a blonde haired man wearing a red turtleneck and white pinstripe hakama pants waved at me. He was sitting cross-legged on a hefty orange beanbag, a contrast to the pale white walls and full windows of the surrounding room. 

I noticed that none of the windows were facing towards where he was stationed at, so no direct sunlight could touch him. I walked over to him and bowed in respect, a fake smile still plastered on my face from before. 

"Why hello there darling! My name is Douma, welcome to the Eternal Paradise Cult!" He pointed to a woven mat in front of him as a gesture to sit down.

He clasped his hands together and beamed cheerfully, giving me a closed-eyed smile. I sat down, and he leaned forward, his hand now on my chin. He studied my features deeply, his rainbow eyes flitting around.  

"Ara ara, aren't you a beauty! Say, dear, what might be your name?" He let go of my face, resting back onto the large tangerine cushion he was seated on.

"My name is (L/N) (Y/N), Douma-sama. Thank you for having me in your temple." I proclaimed. I knew that he was faking his smile, for I had been studying emotions ever since I was a small child. He tilted his head, staring at me curiously. 

"Is there something wrong, (Y/N)-chan?" He ignored my thanks, instead focusing on the thoughtful look I had on my face. I shook my head.

'I'm not sure if I should say anything, I might upset him. I don't feel like dealing with that now, so I'll let it go.' I thought and smiled up at Douma again. He stood up from the cushion and stretched his arms out. I followed his movements, intently watching the blonde man. 

What I didn't expect, however, was for him to pluck me off the mat and onto my feet. I looked surprised as he patted my head and chuckled. 

"You're so cute, (Y/N)-chan." He ruffled my (h/l) (h/c) hair, messing it up. As I fixed it, I noticed his eyes peering outside. I walked over to the window he was looking out, placing my hands on the wooden frame. The sun was setting over the horizon and I watched as the sliver of the bright ball of fire disappeared from my view. 

I yawned, the events of the last twenty hours catching up to me. I felt a presence behind me, and I glanced up to see Douma leaning against a wall. I rubbed my tired eyes and yawned again. 

"Apologies, Douma-sama. I feel extremely drained from the trip here, so can I please know where my room is?" I mumbled, slurring my words. I felt like I was about to faint, so my hands gripped onto the sill harder.  He stepped towards me and picked me up bridal style, but I was already drifting off to sleep. 

"Of course, (Y/N)-chan! I'll bring you to your room, you just sleep." He assured me, and the last thing I remember before blacking out were his bright rainbow eyes staring into mine. 

Word Count: 1177