7 - { ᴅᴀʏᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇꜱ }

Douma POV:

As I whisked (Y/N) back into the cult grounds, I realized that I knew near to nothing about the girl. Slowing down my pace as I neared the temple, I waited for the double doors to be opened by a maid.

Strolling in the direction of her room, I started to take my question seriously.

'Well, what do I know about her? I know that her name is (Y/N), and she is extremely flexible. She's twenty-one years old, and she's apathetic.' I frowned to myself, failing to think of any other characteristics of the mystery girl in my arms. 

I arrived at her room, and shifted all of her weight to one of my arms. I carefully slid open the shoji door, successfully keeping the young girl asleep. 

After shuffling her weight down onto the futon gently, I stood back up and searched for a paper and calligraphy pen. I laid next to her and I wrote down questions to ask her after she woke up. 

"Hmm, what else?" I quietly thought out loud, tapping the end of the pen against my chin. 

I glanced at the resting girl next to me, and added another question to the piece of paper I was writing on. Reading through the list of questions, I sat up straight. The note read:

'What are some of your favorite things?

Do you have any friends, and if yes, who are they?

What do you do in your free time?

How long have you been trained?'

I placed the paper and pen to the side so that the ink wouldn't smudge and leaned my head back. The harsh motion of caused it to bang against the wall loudly, and (Y/N) stirred in her sleep. I peered to see if she was waking up, but she didn't. The girl moved around in the futon, her arms trying to find a comfortable position. 

However, her arms wrapped around me instead, and snuggled into my side. I chuckled slightly and patted the girl's head before shifting myself to lie down next to her. I closed my eyes and slowly began to sleep peacefully for the first time in decades. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV:

I woke up with a jolt as I heard an almost deafening sound coming from right behind me. After also feeling a presence in that same direction, I twisted my head just enough to see Douma clinging to me. His arms were wrapped around my waist, and his head was positioned just right for me to hear his snoring right next to my ear. 

'Really.' I thought, and moved my face so that he wasn't directly behind me. Just as I was about to untangle his arms, he started to talk. In his sleep. 

"No. I wanna stay." He huffed. 

'You know what? I'm not even going to question it.' I gave up on trying to sit up after several failed attempts, all of which led to Douma pulling me closer to him. He was basically on top of me at this point, but I was so tired I didn't care.

'Oh well, at least my leg doesn't hurt anymore.' I shrugged and stared at the wall, unable to go to sleep even though I was exhausted.