29 - { ꜱᴘᴏɴᴛᴀɴᴇɪᴛʏ }

Y/N POV:

"Wait, really?" I stared at Douma's expression with a twinge of excitement. I don't know why, but I didn't quite believe him. He nodded, showing that he was not joking, and would go with me to see my parents. I grinned happily, excited to leave as soon as possible and show him my home town. 

"It'll be so fun! I can show you all around the town!" I say, already imagining where the two of us would go first. My expression changed to one more thoughtful, more focused. Douma simply watched me do this, slightly amused at my antics.

"I'm guessing that you like the idea!" He grins widely. I nodded happily, still half absorbed in my thoughts as he led me out of the large room and back towards civilization. Once the two of us were outside the east wing, the entrance of the maze of endlessly confusing hallways standing next to us, Douma turned towards me.

"(Y/N)?" He asked, gaining my attention and snapping me from my thoughts back to reality. I glance up at his face. 

"Hmm?" I said distractedly, now more focused than before. 

"I need to do my job for the cult." He points in the direction of the hallways before grinning at me. "I don't get money for just sitting around, you know!" He pauses. "Wait a second..." He murmurs confusedly.

I sweatdrop at his strange antics before beginning to laugh quietly, shaking my head with a grin. "It's alright, I understand what you're trying to convey." I placed my hands on his shoulders and turned him around. "Now go."

Douma waved with a pout, disappearing from my sight several seconds later.

'Does he have to do that?' I sigh, beginning to head back towards my room. I suddenly remember my shoes, which I had tracked across the bloody floor. I look down, and they were clean. Strange.

I hum softly as I enter my room. I freeze. I hadn't been here for a very long time, and it was sort of weird to see myself return to this room after I had left that day, having no intention to come back like this. 

Yet here I was, standing in the doorway of my room at Douma's temple, the Eternal Paradise Cult. I hesitated for a moment. "This feels so weird to be back here..." I whisper with a slight giggle, my hand tracing the frame of the door. 

I eventually go inside, immediately sitting down onto the bed. My bed. I almost forget the thoughts of returning to my home town with Douma as I peacefully lay there, internally debating if it would be a healthy idea to sleep during the day.

Soon enough, my decision was made for me. 

I yawned softly, staring up at the ceiling. I removed my shoes and laid down, accidentally shutting my eyes. My breathing calmed and my body relaxed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked across the wide road, the gravel crunching beneath my shoes. It was quite a pleasant sound to hear, not too scratchy for my ears. I adjusted my grip on the luggage I was holding, searching for a place to sit down and eat something.

I noticed the uncomfortable silence of my surroundings. I searched around the lit up streets of the town - which I knew were usually quite a bustling environment. Not a single soul was in my vision.