5 - { ʙᴏʀᴇᴅᴏᴍ }

Y/N POV:

I shuffled in front of the mirror as I pulled on a new kimono. It was black in color with little stars floating around the edges of the fabric, and it had long sleeves that covered my hands. I admired my reflection, twirling around and spreading my arms out. My body stopped spinning but my world kept going, and I staggered around in circles before shaking my head violently back to reality.

"You're so funny, (Y/N)-chan!" A familiar voice was heard coming from the direction of the shoji. There was the sideways head of Douma peeking inside the room, messy hair hanging down and nails grabbing onto the frame of the door. 

"Hi." I went over to Douma and mimicked his actions, tilting my upper body sideways with my hands folded behind my back. That was, until I fell over from the lack of balance. Douma slid open the door and stood up straight.

He giggled and held out a hand to help me up. I reached up and grabbed it, and he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I was thinking..." Douma said after he let me go. He led me over to my futon, where he plopped down. I bent down to sit next to him, but he pulled me over onto his lap and snaked his arms around my waist.

"What is it?" I asked, stroking his head with my hand. 

"Do you want to spend time with me? It'd be so fun!" Douma exclaimed, resting his chin on my shoulder. 

"Sure, there's not really much around here to do anyways." He frowned at that, and opened his mouth for a second before closing it again.

"Really?" He hummed. "What do you suggest I do?" He faced me, eyes searching mine for a reaction. I shrugged as usual, and he laughed.

"Of course, why didn't I expect that." A knocking sound came from the door and I pushed myself off of the futon towards the entrance. Not saying anything, I slid the shoji open to reveal Touko standing there holding a breakfast tray in her arms. 

"Uhm I'm sorry to interrupt on your business but I brought food for you to eat." Touko stared at the ground nervously after she noticed Douma's presence.

"Thank you Touko-chan, this looks really good." I took the coaster of rice and tempura from her hands and she bowed. I stepped back as she closed the shoji and I heard her feet striding down the hallway at a brisk pace. The plate was heavy in my hands, so I placed it on a nearby chair and massaged my arms.

"What were you saying, Douma-sama?" I realized that Douma was still here, watching me. He blinked and made grabby hands towards me. I sighed and attempted to help him up, failing miserably as I got red in the face.

I sat down and panted, out of breath. Douma looked surprised at me and took a golden war fan out of his pocket and held it against his face. 

"Ara ara, I knew you weren't strong, but I had no idea you were that weak!" I flipped him off before he continued. "I have an idea, I'll teach you self-defense! That would be a win-win since you could learn to be stronger, and I could have an excuse to spend time with you!" His eyes widened as he used his fan to clamp his mouth closed.

I thought for a moment, seriously considering his offer. 

"Sure, I'll do it. As I told you, there's not been much to do for the two weeks I've been here." I said as I crunched on a tempura. He studied the food curiously, and it seemed as if he hadn't eaten tempura in decades.