35 - { ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟꜱ }

Second Person POV:

Still standing in the doorframe, you watch Kotori start the walk back to her own home, obvious disappointment in your body language. Your shoulders sag ever so slightly and your head gains a small tilt forwards, hoping she would come back. 

Letting your grip loosen and brush against the doorframe, you face Douma with a quick sigh of discontentment. You really did like the company of the woman, so every time she had to go, you were unhappy.

You glance up at blonde haired man, noticing the internal conflict happening in his eyes. By now, you had learned exactly how to read him and every one of his emotions, including exactly when they clash against each other. Your eyes soften in interest, simply observing him for a moment before he snaps out of his daze. 

"You...alright there?" Your eyes flit across his face, an amused smile present on your own features. Despite of your entertained demeanor, your concern for him was still evident in your expression. 

"I'm fine." He laughs awkwardly, avoiding eye contact. He straightens his posture, relaxing and covering up whatever he had been worried about with one of his smiles.

"I'll tell you later." He murmurs, and after noticing the firm look on his face, all you do is give him a simple nod in response. After a moment, you reach forwards and grab his hand, pulling him along to the kitchen where your mother was the entire time, alone.

"Hello Okaa-san." You let go of Douma's hand, much to the latter's disappointment. You didn't notice - since he was standing a little behind you, but a frown crossed his face due to the lack of touch.

Your mother's head tilts up to see you, surprised at your sudden appearance. Her eyes crinkle at the sides, happy to see you once more. Her fingers immediately let go of the knife, allowing the blade to rest against the counter until used again.

"(Y/N)!" She smiles, glad that you were finally inside. In response, you maintain eye contact and tilt your head forwards slightly. The woman, satisfied with your plain, nonverbal response, returns to her task of cutting vegetables, this of which now being little cherry tomatoes.

You slide onto the seat of the chair behind the countertop and Douma follows your movements, taking the seat next to you.

Soon enough, your mother begins to hum a quiet tune you had never heard before, and you decided to listen along, silently tapping your finger on the side of your porcelain teacup.

After a few minutes of peaceful silence - except for your mother's melodic humming, you notice something about her. 

Her body jolts in pain for only a moment, which brought your attention to her immediately. 

"Are you alright?" You lean over the counter, a concerned frown spreading across your features. In return, the woman's eyes shot up to meet yours and she covered her hands. 

"Of course I'm alright, dear. Do not be concerned." Your mother smiles nervously, shifting her weight. Your eyes narrowed in obvious suspicion, keeping your gaze locked on her as you slipped off the seat and walked next to her. 

"(Y/N), wait." You hear Douma's firm voice from behind you. You stop in your tracks, turning back to him. 

"Hm?"