23 - { ᴄᴏɴꜱᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇ }

Y/N POV:

Less than a second after Douma had confirmed I was ready to train with him, he sprinted towards me in a blur. I couldn't tell where he was aiming for, so I jumped above him, grabbing onto his broad shoulders and flipping myself over to face him on his other side. 

Immediately after that, I swiped the fan horizontally, attempting to attack Douma's neck. Before I could do that, however, he disappeared from my field of vision. I swiveled my entire body around to find him, searching with my eyes while still silently listening for his breathing or heartbeat.

I suddenly caught sight of the dark red top he was wearing, and knowing that he would take the chance for an offensive move, I blocked my face with the fans and my arms.

Luckily for myself, I was correct in my assumption that he would attack me.

His golden fans struck my own, sending me flying backwards. Thankfully, we were teleported into a room with extremely high ceilings and open walls, so I didn't slam into anything and was able to regain my balance without breaking a single bone. 

Hot sweat dripped down my face and into my eyes, my chest was heaving up and down heavily, and I could feel my heartbeat drumming inside my ears, giving me a harsh headache to go along with everything else.

Since so much sweat was invading my vision, I couldn't see a single clear thing - everyone and everything was a blurry blob of mixed colors. My eyes began to water, so I closed them. As my ears listened out for Douma, I steadied my breathing and relaxed my facial features, taking on an unbothered expression.

I couldn't hear my opponent at the moment. I took a step forward and slowly turned my head to the right.

There.

I could hear his faint heartbeat several meters to my left, sounding closer and closer each time I took note.

I opened my now cleared up eyes and attacked. I ran to his side and slashed the fan, but suddenly landed on my hands and swept his feet out from where he was standing.

I raised my leg up to kick him, but he rolled out from under me and flipped over, landing on his feet again. Douma smiled in an approving manner, and I nodded in return, to show I understood.

I decided the best thing to do while he was distracted - even if it was only for a small second - was to try and surprise him with a head on attack aiming straight for his neck.

Following out with the plan I had prepared in my mind, I ran towards the demon, but he grabbed my left arm and used my momentum to swing me around, sending me tumbling to the hard wooden floor.

I used my arm to push myself off of the ground, standing up extremely quickly, ready for another attack. Or so I thought.

My mouth gasped for air as my ears started ringing and my eyes began to see static.

I couldn't breathe; I was panicking, and in that time, I had gone too far.

Pain shot up my arm as I realized that Douma was still on the offensive. Of course he wouldn't stop if I was injured like this. The enemy would never stop on the real battlefield; it was many times better to be trained this way from the beginning.