15 - { ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴜꜱɪᴏɴ }

Douma POV:

"Pack? Where are you going, (Y/N)-chan?" I watched as the bandaged female visibly stiffened from the sound of my voice, and I disliked that quite a bit. She had been perfectly comfortable with my presence before the battle with those Hashira ensued, what could possibly have changed in such a short period of time?

Why would she be on edge while hearing me talk? Where would she be leaving for, and why would she be packing to go there? More importantly, why didn't she inform me of this abrupt change of schedule, especially so soon after she gained so many injuries?

(Y/N) swiveled her body around to face me, her stoic expression directly contrasting her fidgety body language. "I'm planning to leave with Touko-chan to visit my parents nearby the village for a few nights. I have already sent her to pack, so I'm doing the same." I leaned my body against the doorframe with my arms folded, rainbow eyes studying her expression.

She was clearly lying, and it wasn't difficult to figure out.

'Well (Y/N)-chan, two can play at this game!' I grinned cheerfully at her, the true intent of the smile well hidden. Sauntering across the room and into her walk-in closet, I leaned down and picked up the yellow duffel bag that she had used for storage on the day of her arrival.

After I dropped the bag next to the girl's bloodstained futon, I glanced up at her expectantly, waiting for her to move. Dazed, (Y/N) handed me several messily folded kimonos to which I packed into the yellow bag. 

After several round trips of her handing her belongings for me to pack into the bag, her head suddenly snapped up and patiently stared at the doorway. I listened, and a few moments later, the soft sound of footsteps were heard heading closer and closer.

Before the girl could blink, I had already thrown a red blanket over the stained sheets of the futon and pooped my head out of the doorway. There, a average looking black-haired woman had her hand outstretched in a knocking position, and she immediately bowed.

"Great Leader, your high presence has been requested at a meeting with your guests." The lady flitted her eyes up meekly, and I held my golden fan against the lower half of my face.

"Oh yes, I remember inviting those guests over! Quite kind, the (L/N) family is. Please inform them that I'll be there in just a moment." I glanced at the astonished face of (Y/N) one last time before strolling out of the room and sliding the shoji door closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV:

I flinched as the shoji door slammed shut behind me, taking in what Douma has said. 

"He knew the entire time? Why did he not stop me from leaving? He even helped me pack!" I gulped in confusion, gaze wandering down to peer at my duffel bag. 

What I saw made my blood run cold.

Every single kimono inside that bag had been slashed to thin ribbons, and every other belonging was barely recognizable. Hot tears pricked my (e/c) eyes and I lifted my hand in sad wonder, sniffling at the new unpleasant sensation.

"Oh. I should've expected this to happen. Of course he would do this." I giggled, wiping the salty tears away from my eyes. Talking to myself was very entertaining!