24 - { ʙʟᴜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅꜱ }

Y/N POV:

"It's likely that she will wake up very soon, so don't worry." I heard the speakings of a female voice coming from somewhere near me, and realized that I was no longer falling in what I now knew to be a dream.

The sick feeling in my stomach faded, and I began to hear my surroundings again. This time, it was clear what words were being spoken, nothing sounded like static anymore.

"There we go, she's awake."

I kept my eyes shut tightly, wary of what I might see if I dared to open them. Instead of seeing the world around me, I decided that I would list things I knew were around me from my hearing, since that was my most prominent sense.

I calmed my breathing, and I now heard footsteps advancing towards me; I was also able to hear the breath and heartbeat of two people - no, demons, in the same room as I was. I focused on my own breathing pattern and opened my eyes to see a wooden set of stairs and several moving platforms. Well, at least I knew where I was!

Luckily for me, I blinked several times and my vision cleared up. I felt a presence next to me, so I turned my head slightly to see Douma's rainbow eyes peering down at me. Okay then...

Now that I knew that he was one of the demons in the room with me, I wondered who the other was. Douma noticed me attempting to see what was behind him, so he stepped to the side, revealing Nakime sitting on a ledge, holding her biwa like usual. 

When she saw me, her posture immediately straightened up in happiness and she smiled softly, waving her hand at me. I returned her gesture, flashing the girl a smile in return.

Douma plopped his head down on the bed, next to my left arm. He obviously had something to say.

"Hey (Y/N), guess how long you were out for!" Douma moved into a more comfortable place with his tilted head rested on his hands and his elbows sticking out for balance.

'Why was he asking me this? Was I unconscious for a long period of time? I could've been in a coma, or maybe I slept for what seemed like a long time, but really wasn't.' I opened my mouth hesitantly, my answer sounding much more like a question.

"Three days?" Douma shook his head.

"Nope, you were out for an hour. What made you believe it was three days?" He laughed in a little bit of a mocking tone, causing me to deadpan at - in my opinion - his extreme stupidity right then.

"I don't know, you were the one who asked me in the first place? Also, there's something called overthinking, if you didn't know what that was before." I over-annunciated each word, wanting to make sure my point got through his obviously thick skull.

Nakime, from across the room, silently chuckled at my answer. She snapped once to gain my attention, and gave me a thumbs-up and an amused grin. When Douma lifted his head up from the bed and saw this, he pouted dramatically, arms crossed over his chest in a childlike manner.

At that moment, I received a strong pang of deja vu; he reminded me so much of the first days I had arrived at the cult. He had his signature creepy false grin plastered onto his face, and the look in his eyes were blank, scary almost.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Douma's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I nodded my head, trying to sit up in the bed. "Yes, I'm fine."