28 - { ᴊᴇᴡᴇʟ }

Douma POV:

I observed as (Y/N) played with the icy lotus vines I created. She seemed so content, her eyes following the pattern and rhythm of the plants that danced in the water. Unconsciously, my expression softened.

I lost focus, and the plants had a mind of their own. One of them reached out its tendrils and touched (Y/N)'s finger, and she smiled happily. The lotus vines began dancing and weaving themselves together, forming intricate patterns of the thin icy ropes.

However, I was uninterested whenever the small plants were dancing and creating patterns. I could form them anytime, control them whenever I pleased, all with a simple flick of my hand. What I was really watching were (Y/N)'s awe filled reactions when she saw the figures in the pond dance around. 

She was enamored with them. How was she so content with such simple little creatures? I didn't quite understand, but I was happy to watch her.

Eventually, it was sunrise, and I reluctantly dipped my fingers into the pond once more. The plants then into the water, as if they had never existed in the first place. (Y/N) was surprised by this, but simply granted me another small smile. I stared at her for a moment, admiring her features.

"Wow..." she whispered. She whipped her head back to look at me with stars in her eyes. "I didn't know you could do that with your Blood Demon Art!" She exclaimed. Even though I had seen her full reaction to the ice, I had not expected this. I grinned widely. 

"Thank you, (Y/N)!" I said cheerfully, except that this time, it was another fake.

She stood up and stretched her arms, letting out a quiet yawn. After several seconds, she paused. I noticed one of her hands twitching slightly, before reaching up and starting to fiddle with the necklace she always wore on her neck. I cocked my head to the side and strolled over to where she was standing.

"Oh my, what might that be?" I ask, studying the jewel. It was a small pink sapphire, and by the shine, it was a real gemstone. My eyes widened. 

"Where did you get that necklace? That gemstone is real." I was about to take the necklace in my hands and study it but I hesitated, glancing up at her just in case she didn't want me to touch the piece of jewelry (which obviously was an object with sentimental value).

She leaned her head forwards and unclasped the necklace, holding onto it with her fingers. She dropped the jewelry carefully into my hand so that I could inspect it closer. 

I carefully traced my finger along the grooves of the pink gemstone, before looking at her once more. "Where did you get this?" I asked, now quite intrigued with the topic.

"My parents gifted it to me once I turned eighteen." She said, likely remembering the time it happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV (Flashback):

"Happy birthday, (Y/N)!"  My mother smiled at me happily. I stared back at her with a blank expression before opening my mouth to reply. 

"It is appreciated.' I say, my eyes slightly wandering around the room, studying the objects that were all too familiar. I snapped my attention towards my mother after a sudden realization that I had been drifting off.