3 - { ᴜɴꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ }

Y/N POV:

The first thing I remember is darkness. I couldn't see anything except darkness. I felt my hands touch sand, but I couldn't see them either. My eyes searched around for even a small hint of light, but none was found. I stood up from the darkness, swiveling around to find something in the dark void. I didn't need much light, just something. 

Then I saw it. A faint glow coming from beneath me. I reached down into the sand below me, making out the outline of my hands visible. I started to dig, first slowly, then faster and faster as the light started getting dimmer. 

I kept digging and digging, searching to find the light I once saw again. Instead of the light, however, I felt water. It was spurting out of the sand, and it was rising around me quickly. I didn't know what to do, so I did the first thing I thought of: climb up the sand. 

I tried to grab onto something, but it just slipped between the crevices of my fingers. I still couldn't see anything at all, so I relied on my other senses. I felt the water at my knee-level and the sand in my hands; I heard my heart drumming in my ears as I tried to breathe slower. 

I calmed myself, but it was too late. The water whooshed past my ears, covering my head and pushing me down into the depths below. All the sand had disappeared as my flailing limbs tried, to no avail, to grasp onto something, anything. 

But, the only thing I found was water. Water below me, water above me, water inside me. I was fully trapped underwater with no way to escape. I knew that I was sinking, and fast. Stinging, my eyes squeezed shut as I used the last of my body strength to swim upwards. I felt one last oxygen bubble come out of my mouth before I was free from the nightmare. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing I heard was a loud knocking on my door, so I adjusted myself into a sitting position. I rubbed my blurry eyes, trying to adjust to the light.

"Come in!" 

I saw Douma's blonde hair peeking in the doorway as I stretched my tired limbs. He waved at me, and I motioned for him to come in. As he came over and sat down on the futon next to me, I realized that I was not wearing the same kimono as I was yesterday. I peered up at him with one hand pointing to my clothes, my eyebrow raised. 

"Oh don't worry about that! I got one of my female followers to change you." He laughed and rocked from side to side. I relaxed, and we sat in silence for a few moments, the events from last night recollecting in my head. I decided not to try and fake my emotions, it was too tiring to keep up the facade that I actually cared. 

"Thank you for bringing me to my room." I said quietly, breaking the silence. He replied to my statement by moving his hand back and forth, as if to say, 'it's no problem'. 

"Ahh, it's okay (Y/N)! I don't mind a bit!" Douma studied my face intently and frowned. 

"Hmmm, that's strange, I can't tell what you're feeling." He propped his hands up against his face, holding his head up. 

"That's because I can't feel. It's the reason I was sent here to be 'cured'." I made air quotes with my fingers mockingly. His eyes widened as he sat up straight. 

"You..." He trailed off. He seemed like he didn't believe what I had said.

"What? What is it? I'm telling the truth." I raised my eyebrow at him, trying to convince him that I wasn't lying. He broke into a grin and bounced on the futon happily.