9 - { Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴᴀʙʟᴇ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ }

Nakime POV:

"Now that he's gone, do you have anything that you would like to ask me?" I tilted my head towards the young girl, my dark aura dissipating, a friendlier one taking its place. She thought for a moment and placed her finger on her chin.

"How is Douma-sama still alive? I saw him holding his head, and there's no possible way anyone would survive that." The girl seemed like she was confident in her answer, yet she peered down at the floor nervously.

"Uhm, that's a question I'll answer just before you go, dear. Apologies, but I do not believe that you would want to hear my answer just yet. Do you have any other questions for now?" She frowned and quickly glanced up at me, however it was only for a moment. 

"Who was that woman with Douma-sama? She had a male voice, and she was extremely beautiful." The girl curled up into a ball, hugging her knees as she continued. I bit my lip as I thought of how to answer the young girl's second question. 

'Shit, what do I say? Oh yeah, she's actually a he and the king of all demons, la de da!' I began to be frustrated with myself, racking my brain for a suitable response.

"Well..." I started, forming my words carefully. "'She' is... our boss. Also, 'she' is actually a 'he'." I answered, correcting her as I seated my biwa and bachi carefully down beside me. The human girl, (Y/N), kept asking me different questions, and I replied to them with short yet concise answers.

"What is this place?"

"This is the Infinity Castle, also known as the Infinity Fortress."

"Does anyone live here?"

"Not officially, but I suppose I do stay here a lot of the time."

"Do you dislike Douma-sama?"

"I'm not sure how to answer that, but to be honest, he's quite the annoyance to almost all of the de- uhm, people that visit the castle." In response to this answer, (Y/N) leaned back on her hands and spread her legs out into a pike beside me. 

"Oh, okay then..." She hesitated for a moment before continuing with her next inquiry. 

"Who was the man with the blue tattoos and pink hair?"

"His name is Akaza, and he's Upper Moon Three. He's actually not half bad; you should meet him sometime." (Y/N) looked like she was having an inner monologue, so I didn't speak until after she decided to. 

"What is an 'Upper Moon'?"

"The Upper Moons are the strongest demons next only to that man." I froze after I realized what I had revealed.

"Demons? Like the fantastical creatures from children's bedtime tales?" (Y/N) looked up at me and attempted to study my face, forgetting that most of it was covered by my long raven hair. I sighed deeply and scolded myself for being so careless.

"Yes (Y/N), demons. I'm only telling you about this because as far as I understand, you're apathetic and won't be frightened about this." I warned her, picking each of my words carefully.

"As long as you don't kill me, I absolutely don't care." (Y/N) gave me a thumbs-up, causing me to let out a small chuckle. 

"Uhm, anything else?" I readjusted my position on the wooden boards we were seated on, my head still faced towards (Y/N) to show that I was listening. However, nothing happened for the next few minutes, and I was getting slightly bored.