𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐄

Mika

2 Months later.

I stared at my reflection as I took a deep breath. Today was not like any other day in my life. It was my wedding day, I find it funny how my life completely changed in two years since meeting Valentina.

"Mika." I heard Luca's voice as he entered the room. He looked handsome in his suit, with a warm smile on his face.

"Yes."

"It's time."

"Let's do this." I sighed.

"You look handsomely beautiful." My best friend said with beaming smile he looked very excited.

"Thanks." I replied nervously

There was a ton of people here, I barely even know most of the people.

Once we get to the altar Luca gave me a hug, then left to his seat. Now I have to wait for blondie to make her entrance.

After a few minutes the doors opened and in comes Valentina. She's being walked by her father. She was breathtaking, but what drew me in about her was her walk, the way she held herself. She had this kind of way about her that when she talked, everyone just listened. She demanded attention without even trying. And her eyes, they were always full of dirty dangerous promises when she set them on me. And I wanted her to do it.

I look at Valentina once she was stood in front of me and I'm met with stunning blue eyes. Valentina looked at me and gave me smile.

The priest cleared his throat. "We are gathered together to celebrate the very special love between Mika and Valentina, by joining them in marriage. All of us need and desire and to love and to be loved. Your marriage today is the public and legal joining of your souls that have already been united as one in your hearts. Marriage is going to expand you as a individual, define you as a couple and deepen your love for one another. To be successful, you will need strength, courage and patience."

I glanced at Valentina while the priest is talking. She probably sense that I was staring at her when she glanced in my direction too and gave me a tiny smile.

"...do you Valentina Vitale take Mika Levine to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death does you apart."

She looked at me and gave me a smile. "Yes, I do."

The priest continued. "Do you Mika Levine take Valentina Vitale to be your lawfully wedded wife to have hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death does you apart."

I took a deep breath before answering. "I do."

"Please exchange rings." I slipped the platinum wedding band next to her engagement ring while she did the same. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you wife and wife." The priest announced with a smile.

"You may now kiss the bride."

A warm hand settles on my cheek.  She slows down my frantic heartbeat and calms my nerves. Her pads of her long elegant fingers reach the hair curled around my ear. Her thumb is stroking my cheekbone in a soothing manner. I can smell her spicy yet sweet scent invades my nostrils. Her warm minty breath falls across my lips that makes my breath hitch.