𝐅 𝐈 𝐅 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

MIKA

I plopped down on the couch about to turn on the TV when the front door open and in walk Luca.

"Hey Mika."

I sit up on the couch. "Luca, what are you doing here I thought you were on a business trip?"

He plops down on the couch, "Just wanted to check up on you and my business trip is tomorrow." He shrugged and leaned back into the couch.

"Well I'm fine as you can see." I said motioning to myself. He rolled his eyes.

"You know what I meant you asshole." He glared at me. I sighed and scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah I'm fine Luc." He chuckled and shakes his head.

"I know you're not Mika did you at least get your medicine?" He asked and looked at me sternly.

"Yes I did just yesterday after work." I said.

"Just don't lose hope." He said looking at me with pity which I hate.

"Luca, I've had a weak heart my whole fucking life. In and out of hospitals and medical centres since I was a child. I'm tired, tired of believing in something that isn't going to happen. You may still have hope but I don't. I want to spend whatever time I have left living my life, and not in a hospital."

I looked at him again. He has tears in his eyes which causes him to look away from me immediately. Luca is the only person that knows about my heart condition. He supports me and doesn't let me to go through this alone.

"Okay too much emotional stuff." I clap my hands together and he wipes his eyes smiling.

"Well I have to go and pack but I'll talk to you later." He stood up from the couch. He looks back at me with a certain look in his brown eyes.

"I love you, you dork." I smiled at him.

"I love you too Luca."

He leaves the living room and I went to my room. I lay on my back on my bed. I stare at the ceiling and sigh. The doctor said 10 to 7 years and it's been 8 already.

I try everything in my power to forget about it but at night it's the worst. I'm alone with my thoughts and that's when all the bad anxiety and fear creeps in.

Sometimes I'm scared of dying sometimes not. Maybe I'm finally making peace with it.

————

So I agreed to go to Hawaii with Valentina. To be honest I'm really anxious about this trip, but luckily Ella won't be there, Valentina told me it's only going to be her parents and siblings and me including Sienna which makes me less anxious than I am.

It's currently five in the morning right now. I'm just waiting for Valentina's driver to come and pick me up. I already packed my suitcases last night and made sure I pack everything I need. Luca told me to enjoy it and to have fun since this is the first time I'm going on vacation.

As I'm waiting outside the building of my apartment I heard a car. Looking up I see a black Range Rover pull up and parked in front of the building. I grabbed my two suitcases and made my way to the car giving my suitcase to the driver and climbed into the back seat.

Sienna texted me yesterday night telling me she and Valentina would meet me on the private jet.

"Ms. Levine it's going to be a while before we get to the airport so get comfortable." The driver said to me as he climbed into the driver's seat.