𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐄 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓

Mika

I wake up to a light beep, beep, beep.

I feel like I'm falling.

It's a strange feeling.

It's not quite as free as flying.

But also I'm not as panicked as I thought I expected.

My head feels supported.

I think I've already hit the ground as I feel something soft beneath me.

It can't be concrete.

It's too comfortable.

I try to swallow but feel something in the way.

I move my tongue slightly but something hard push against it.

I try to move my jaw, but whatever is in my mouth is restricting my movements.

I try to open my eyes, but they feel like they have lead weights on them. I push to open my eyelids harder.

I feel them flutter.

The heaviness is present.

But I start to see some light peek through my lashes.

I hear a mumbling of a voice.

It's sounds female.

The muffled noise starts to clear and I can kind of make out what she is saying.

"She's waking up... I see her eyes moving."

It all then sounds mumbled.

But she sounds panicked.

But she also sounds familiar.

Like the tone of her voice strike a familiar chord with my memory.

"Nurse! Doctor!" I hear the voice louder and clearer this time.

I try to move any part of my body that will let me. But it feels like I'm being held down.

The weight is undeniable.

I find myself being able to wiggle my thumb.

But it's not an easy task.

I stop myself from repeating
"Wiggle your fingers." .

In my head of course.

I feel my eyeballs rolling around in my head trying to gain focus as I force my eyes open.

My body is starting to wake up, I feel pain all the way through my body but more specifically on my chest.

What the fuck happened to me.

Oh the heart transplant.

I feel a tug in my mouth and feel though my lungs are being ripped out.

I take a sharp intake of breath and feel every inch of whatever is in my mouth and throat being removed.

That fucking hurt.

Still unable to open my eyes but the light is starting to filter through my eyelashes.

My eyes burn, pain pounds in my head. The smell of disinfectant and hand sanitiser invades my nostrils.

"Fuck." My voice is hoarse as I shut my eyes from the blinding lights.

"She's awake." There stood Luca and Sienna against the wall, looking relieved.

"Sweetheart." A soft hand grips mine, as Valentina moves into view, her eyebrows pulling together with concern.

"Val." My voice cracks slightly as I glance to her to Luca and Sienna.

A sharp pain pierces the front of my chest as I lean forward to hug her. I wince, and Valentina pushes on my shoulders, ordering me to lie back down.

"How do you feel baby?" Valentina asked with a worried tone, I nodded and pointed to the water glass on the bedside table. She smile and helped me to drink a bit of water, before sitting back on the chair next to the bed.

The door burst open and Dr. Ricardo walks in, with his clipboard.

"Mika, the operation was a success, how do you feel?" Dr. Ricardo ask me.

"I feel good, like all of those ten weights are off my chest." I said making Dr. Ricardo smile.

"I'll be back later get some rest." Dr. Ricardo said and left my hospital room.

Valentina stood up from the chair and kissed my forehead.

"Don't ever scare me like that again." She whispered in a shaky voice.

"I'm sorry." I whispered back.

"I'm glad you're okay, baby." She held my face in her hands and softly brushed her thumbs on my cheeks.

"I love you." She said making me smile at her.

I pulled away from her and looked into her seeing nothing but love and adoration.

"Say it again." I smiled like a lovesick fool. She chuckled and kissed my nose.

"I love you Mika." I chuckled and pecked her lips.

"I love you too." She smiled and gave me one last peck before sitting down again.

"Fuck you scared me." Valentina said and let out a relieved sigh.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and gave her a sheepish smile and nodded.

"I'm just glad I made it, I really thought I was going to die in Luca's Jeep." She gave me a smile and kissed my palm.

I rested my head against the pillows and sighed in relief.

I can't believe I survived.

————————————————————————————————————

~ R