𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎

Valentina

I heard the elevator doors open, I walked over to the elevator, to see Sienna staring at me with a worried face as she entered the penthouse.

"Hey, what's going on?"

I lead us to the living room, taking a seat on the sofa, Sienna taking a seat opposite of me.

"What's going on Valentina, I'm busy freaking out over here." She said looking worried.

"Mika called me a few hours ago, having a panic attack. Guessing it was some sort of a nightmare. When I got here, she was huddled in the corner of my room, shaking, crying, screaming, she kept apologising, saying she's sorry she can't tell me what's going on with her. To be honest with you. It was scary. I've never seen her like that before. But then she told me the terrifying news she got yesterday."

At the last part, Sienna's eyes widened and she went pale.

"So I'm asking you nicely, what's going on with Mika?" She shook her head, gulping.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you what's going on, I promised her I won't tell you." Groaning, I shake my head.

"What the fuck is going on with her Sienna!" I whispered yelled. She glared at me.

"I'm not telling you shit so just accept it Valentina, I'm not going to go behind her back and tell you everything I know, and lose her trust." She stood up and stormed out of the penthouse.

Fuck sakes.

"Valentina?"

My head snaps around, breath catching in my throat when I see Mika standing in the doorway of the living room, eyebrows furrowed, eyes bloodshot, skin pale.

"Mika." I breathe out.

I didn't see it much a few hours ago but now I do. She looks horrible. Bags under her eyes, skin pale and lifeless. Breathing extremely hard as if she's struggling to breathe.

"What's going on?" She mutters rubbing her head.

"I'm sorry about last night's dinner I have missed." I said, trying to change the subject.

She looked at me and gave me a sad smile.

"It's okay, it doesn't matter." She said looking down at the floor. I feel guilty for not showing up, and I can see she did a lot of effort in the cooking.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her. She shrugged, looking deep in her thoughts.

"I'm fine thanks." She mutters. I nodded slowly.

"I decided you will stay here for the rest of the week." I said sternly. Her eyes snapped to mine.

"That's not necessary—"

"Mika." I said in a warning tone. She nodded her head.

"Well I'm going to get ready for work, you can get the rest today, call me if you need anything." She gave me a smile that looked faked.

"I will, have a great day at work." After saying that she disappeared upstairs to my room.

I will find out what your hiding Mika even if I have to hire a private investigator again.

I grabbed my phone on the coffee table and called Danny my private investigator. After a few rings he picks up.

"Morning Ms. Vitale, what can I do for you?" I sighed.

"Danny do me a favour and deep deeper down in Mika's life, anything you can find about her health situation." I heard shuffling on the other side of the call.

"Of course ma'am, I'll let you know what I find." I thanked him and hung up the phone.

———

Mika

I laid on my bed breathing heavily even though I didn't move that much, I went to get a snack and went back up stairs to my Valentina's room.

"Mika? Are you sure you're okay, because you're really fucking pale." Luca asked in a worried tone, his hand touched my face to check my temperature and he gasp in surprise.

"You're burning, we need to take you to the hospital." He tried to pick me up off the bed but I shook my head no.

"I'm fine, I over exercised today." I huffed and puffed between each word, my heart was beating faster than normal.

"Mika?" I looked toward my bedroom door, and there stood Valentina, a worried expression on her face while looking at me.

"Mika, it's been two fucking days I've been here and see you like this. We need to take you to the hospital." Luca tried to pull me to my feet but I shook my head again, I hugged Valentina's pillow closer to my chest and tried to steady my breathing.

"I...am...fine. I just need...to get some sleep." I whispered softly, my chest felt tight ten pounds heavier, forbidding me from from breathing properly.

"Luca you can go I'll look after her." Valentina said to Luca. Luca gave me one last look before he left.

"I hate it when you can't tell me shit." Valentina sat down next to me on the bed. I immediately laid my head on her chest and wrapped my arms around her waist. I felt her hand brush my burning forehead and push my hair back.

Every time I'm about to fall asleep, I get woken up by a weird heartbeat. It feels like my heart stops for a second before beating again. It makes me jump right out of my sleep.

"You're okay." I hear Valentina whisper. I grabbed her hand and hold it tightly.

"Can you tell me something, please..." I took a deep breath so I'll be able to finish the rest of my sentence.

"Your voice is so comforting." Valentina smiled and kissed my forehead.

"So it was a few years ago when my assistant spilled coffee on my Versace heels, I was so mad, I..." Her voice slowly started to fade away and slowly I started to fall asleep, my whole body relaxed on her and soon I found comfort in her voice and let darkness embrace me.

My only hope is that the mother gives her consent.

————————————————————————————————————

~ R