𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄

Mika

I ran out of my house with my toothbrush hanging out of my mouth. I don't understand how every freaking day I wake up early and when it's my first day at work I woke up late. I got into my car. I looked myself in the rear view mirror. My hair was a mess and there was toothpaste on the side of my mouth it looked like I ate a fucking donut. I groaned and spit the toothpaste out of my mouth and put my toothbrush into the trash. I'll just put a reminder on my phone to buy a new one later. I grabbed a tissue and cleaned my mouth. I styled my hair into it's usual form and started the car.

I got the job at Gloss industries Inc. I was glad when they called me yesterday night and told me I got the job. Now let's just hope I survive it.

My father changed when my mother passed away from cancer when I was seventeen and he couldn't deal with it so he turned to alcohol and drugs. And he took out he's anger out on me. I still have scars on my body from everything that he has done to me. When I got enough money that I spared, I ran away and didn't even look back.

I parked my car in front of the large building and released a sigh. I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair is in place and my black Crew knit fitted me nicely with my black slacks and my black Chelsea boots.

I grabbed my phone and wallet and climbed out of the car and locked it and put my phone in my pocket and walked inside the building.

I went into the elevator and saw Ms. Vitale there. Fuck she's so much taller with her heels, I look like a kid next to her it's ridiculous.

Fuck me.

"You're late." She said in a cold tone.

"I... Um" I checked my Apple Watch for the time and saw it was still three minutes before 8.

"I am not late, I'm here exactly at 8." I said frowning.

When she heard that she turned her head to me. She looked angrier than yesterday, if that's even fucking possible. There was a frown on her forehead and her face red with anger.

"If I ask you to be here at 8, you are supposed to be here at 7. If I tell you to be here by 7, you are supposed to be here by 6, understood?" She said sternly.

"I'm sorry Ms. Vitale my alarm didn't go off it won't happen again." I said and she gave me a stiff nod and looked back in front of her.

Once the elevator stopped, I sighed in relief, this journey to our destination was fucking awkward.

"Follow me." She said. Without uttering a word I followed after her into the same hallway as yesterday.

Everyone on this floor was silent, a pin drop silence. She walked passed everyone's desk, radiating the aura of dominance, confidence and self-assurance, commanding their respect and attention.

I kept my head forward looking slightly down at the back of her head since she's a few inches taller than me.

Her blonde hair was flowing down her back. Her small waist accentuated by the black dress she was wearing, and the dress was hugging her curves nicely. Then my eyes falls on her long legs that suddenly stopped moving without warning and almost ended up bumping into her.

She turned around and her eyes met mine and she glared at me, her face inches away from mine. Her rage-filled eyes threw daggers at me but all I did was admiring her face that's close to mine.

"Mika." She said my name sternly. I snapped my eyes back to hers and cleared my throat.

"Yes." I said smiling at her.