𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐒 𝐈 𝐗

Valentina

I was in my office staring at my phone, hoping Mika would send me a text or call me that she made is home safely, even Luca hasn't texted me that their safe.

My phone started ringing all of a sudden and I answered it quickly.

"Valentina, Where are you?" Luca asked in a panicked voice, I could hear he was on the road busy driving.

"I'm at the office why?" I asked him confused.

"Stay where you are I'm on my way." He hanged up and I looked at my phone confused since I don't really know what is going on.

No.

No.

No.

Mika...

I grabbed my laptop bag and my handbag and made my way downstairs to the lobby.

I wait a few minutes outside until I see Luca's car. He quickly got out of the car and didn't even bother to close the door and ran towards me, slightly out of breath.

"Luca what the fuck is going on?" I asked him sternly.

"Valentina, it's Mika, I can't explain right now but we have to go now!" He said in a serious tone.

I looked at him confused. "Did something happen to Mika?" He stared at me with worried eyes and nods hesitantly.

"Fuck let's go!" I demanded and grabbed his wrist and pulled him toward his car rather harshly, but I don't think any of us care right now.

Once on the road, I sat in the passenger seat dumbfounded all type of terrible thoughts running through my head.

"Luca..." I started, Luca was driving like a maniac, dashing through cars and all his focus was on the road.

"What happened?" Was my first question. Luca didn't answer that made me pissed off. Luca parked the car roughly at the hospital parking lot making my heart drop to my stomach. I have a really bad feeling that I'm going to find out something tonight that's going to break my heart.

He got out of the car fast and slammed the car. "Let's go Valentina!" He screamed.

I climbed out and shut the door. We both ran inside the hospital to the elevator. Once in the elevator he press the button number seven.

"Go to the waiting room I'll be there in a second." Like he wanted to talk privately to the nurse, but I refused I wanted to know what's going on as well.

"Sir, I can assure you, that I'm the one who signed the papers. You can also call her doctor since he's the one doing the operation." Luca argued with the nurse and the woman behind the desk.

Wait the operation is going to happen today. What happened to Mika? Suddenly a bad feeling filled my stomach.

"Sir, calm down everything will be okay." Luca looks so defeated, unlike he's normal self.

The nurse typed something on the computer for a few seconds before looking back at Luca.

"It says here, Thomas Smith is the donor." Luca sighed.

"Luca, you better fucking tell me what's going on!" He turned to me with a sad smile and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. He gave me a final squeeze and pulled away.

"I need you to know, that everything is going to be okay. And I'm sorry for not telling you sooner about this but Mika is going to get the heart transplant today." His eyes filled with tears, he's trembling lips smiled reassuringly but I felt nothing but reassurance.

My sweet girl could die today and I wish I could just give her one more hug and kiss before this big operation.

"Mika's old room at my apartment, her bedside drawer, a wooden box. There are things for you there. Here's the keys to the apartment, if you're done there then come back me and Sienna will be in the waiting area." Was all he said before he gave me one last hug before walking away following  the nurse.

I sighed in frustration and headed outside my driver waiting for me.

"Go to Mika's old apartment." I ordered him and climbed into the car.

"Drive faster." I said harshly but I couldn't careless right now.

Once there I unlocked the door and went straight to Mika's old room, the door was closed so I opened it and made my way inside and made my way to the bedside table.

I opened the drawer and saw the wooden box and took it out. I took a seat on the bed and put the box on my lap and release a shaky breath.

I opened the box and frowned when I found a stack of papers wrapped together with a with a black bow. I pulled everything out and sat it next to me, opening the first letter.

To my Almost,

It breaks my heart to write this letter but I have to if I don't make this operation, but I know it's time for me to say goodbye. I'll never forget the moments we shared together, the laughter, and the tears. You have been the love of my life, and the thought of leaving you behind hurts more than anything.

I'm sorry for the pain that this decision will bring you, and I know it won't be easy for you. I hope that you will remember the good times we had, the memories we made, and the love we shared.

I want you to know that you will always have a special place in my heart, and the memories we made together will never fade away. I will always cherish the moments we had, and I hope that you will too.

As I say goodbye, I want to thank you for the care and support you gave me. You were my rock, my best friend, and my soulmate. I'll miss you more than words can express.

Take care of yourself.

I love you.

~ Mika.

I read through each and every one of them, over and over again until my heart couldn't take it anymore. I was crying hard reading Mika's letter. My shaky hands puts the letters back into the wooden box and just sat there in silence.

————————————————————————————————————

~ R