~41~ This Arrangement

Julianne's POV

Holden drags me into the house and lets me go, but the moment I start to fall he catches me again.

"What do I do?" he whispers to himself as he watches me try to take off my shoes. When I start to faceplate, he sighs and scoops me up, cradling me in his arms.

I rest my cheek on his shoulder as he carries me to my room, and when he gently places me on my bed I groan. "Holden, I think I'm gonna puke."

He reaches for the trash can that's right next to my bed, and as soon as it gets to me I throw up into it. Holden stays right next to me, pulling my hair away and rubbing my back until the violent retching stops.

Tate comes in with Kenna and she's almost completely passed out, so he drags her roughly the rest of the way and plops her face-first onto my bed.

"Real cute," Holden growls, and Tate shrugs.

"Well? It's not my responsibility to tuck her in."

"They both seriously smell like shit. Like cheap vodka and crawfish." Holden gags.

"I'm sure it's mostly their clothes that stink." Tate says.

"And? We can't take their clothes off of them! They're gonna have to sleep in this shit. Lay down, Julianne," Holden says when it's obvious I'm done throwing up for now. He lays me down on my bed and covers me up. Then he goes around to the other side and drags Kenna so her head is on the pillow, and covers her up too.

"I'll deal with all of this tomorrow," he groans as he heads out of the room.

"Holden?" Tate asks

"Yeah?"

"I can't sleep in here. They're rank. But the last time I slept on the couch my neck hurt for two days."

"You a bed hog?" Holden asks.

"What? I don't know!"

"You can sleep in my bed...But the minute you try to play footsies with me, I'm dumping your ass on the ground," Holden warns with a soft chuckle as they leave the room.

~*~

I wake up the next morning and the headache I have is unmatched.

This feels just like the flu I got last year

Kenna is still asleep as I sit up carefully, and the pounding in my head is about to kill me. I get out of bed anyway and when I get into the kitchen, I'm met with two extremely unhappy brothers.

I don't understand why Tate is so mad, but I can't focus on him because Holden looks like he's about ready to pounce.

"Morning," he says in such a hard tone that I instinctively stiffen. "Go take a shower. You still smell like shit," he says as he takes a sip of his coffee.

I turn around and do what he says, because I'm hoping that the hot water will take away this pounding headache.

Or otherwise I might die.

Much to my disappointment, it doesn't help at all. I take my shower and get changed, and Kenna wakes up as I'm brushing through my hair.

"How did we end up here?" She asks in horror, and I raise an eyebrow. I know we were drunk but does she really not remember?

"Gage"

Her eyes widen and she nods. "Oh yeah. I remember. Shit we're in so much trouble!"

I sigh as I stand up. "You better go take a shower. Holden is not a happy man."