~10~ New Point Of View

Surprise bonus because I'm trying to thank you! I woke up to an insane amount of love on this book. You're all amazing 😘

Julianne's POV

When Holden gets home from the bar, he's quiet as he gets water out of the fridge and takes a long drink. Tate watches him darkly, and when Holden catches him staring, he raises his eyebrows in surprise.

"What?"

"What? Are you and Quinn seriously not fighting right now?!?"

"I'm confused. Are you and I fighting right now?" Holden questions as he screws the cap back on his bottle and sets it carefully on the counter.

"Holden, Quinn was mad at you. You kept flirting with those ladies and it was pissing her off!"

"You're completely overreacting. I made $500 in tips tonight, Tate. I'm trying to save for a damn house for us. I just lost a chunk of my savings because I have to replace your phone. I'm not really flirting with any of them. Sylvie knows that."

Tate shakes his head angrily and looks at me. "Julianne, you were there tonight. Tell him he was being a dick...or rather, that he was flirting so much, those women were wanting to ride his di....."

"Ok, that's enough," Holden snaps as his face flushes crimson. "You are being disgusting and inappropriate."

"I'm the one that's being inappropriate? You really are delusional."

"I'm so sick of the disrespect from you two! One more word and your ass is in the corner. Now it's getting late and you have school tomorrow. Start getting ready for bed."

"So I tell you that you're being a complete fool and you're going to throw your authority around? Really? I thought you said we were a team! What you actually meant was that we pretend to be a team, when you're the captain and we're just the people scrubbing toilets."

"Tate," Holden sighs in a softer tone. "I'm sorry, I wouldn't have sent you to the corner. But...."

The door opens and stops him mid-sentence, and his face falls when he sees an angry looking Quinn.

"What's wrong?"

Tate laughs a humorless laugh and rolls his eyes. "Well, it was cool while it lasted. Come on, Jules. We'll let them break up in private."

~*~

Sylvie's POV

As Tate and Julianne go into their room, I try hard to calm myself down. They will NOT hear me yell. They don't need to see another asshole of a girlfriend abusing their brother.

But that doesn't mean I can't stand up for myself.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Holden asks in a tone that immediately makes my tummy flip. I'm so in love with him it's stupid. Focus, Sylvie

"I...What's wrong? Really? I didn't realize I needed to give you rules in this relationship, but flirting with other women is at the top of the list. I'm not okay with it, Holden."

His blue eyes tighten in pain, and I force myself to stay strong. I have to set boundaries for myself. I have to.

"Baby, I was flirting but I was faking it. I promise. I just need the money so damn bad and you know how tips work..I...I promise you I didn't mean it."

I sigh and let go of some of my anger. I know he's right...

"I know. But Holden, that doesn't work for me."

"I've done this since I first started working at the bar. You never had a problem with it before."

"We weren't dating before, Holden!" I snap.