~37~ Get Mad, Friends

This chapter needs a disclaimer... I write things I disagree with all of the time. None of my works are a reflection of my thoughts and feelings in real life...I write about crummy situations, shady choices, and imperfect characters in every story I create.

This chapter will have racism in it. I don't need to go into a huge spiel about how much racism is still in the world...We see it every single day in one form or another.

A shitty tourist is going to be shitty to Nico. Please understand that I'm writing about something that I DO NOT TOLERATE IN REAL LIFE.

I hope I can do this chapter justice and you get MAD. That you won't be entertained, you'll be angry. Because racism isn't entertaining.

The part I'm talking about isn't until the end of the chapter, so if you want to read some of it and not all of it, you will know when to stop reading... it will also continue into the next chapter as you go through Nico's emotions.

If this chapter isn't something you can read at all, please know that I'm sorry. But I'm going to continue writing about shitty people and situations. Please get mad in this world and be good people in your real one❤️

Sylvie's POV

"I need to talk to you," Holden says when I walk through the door and give him a kiss.

"What's up?"

He groans as he puts his head on mine and holds me for a long moment.

"Tate's in trouble."

"Uh oh," I say as I wait for him to lift his head off of mine and when he does, I look up into his beautiful hazel eyes.

"He beat a kid up in my class today and is suspended for three days. Can he hang with you at the bar? I want him doing chores the whole time."

"Woah," I say as I process all of that. Before I can answer, Tate comes out with a horrible look on his face and a toilet brush in his hand.

"Holden," he gags as he waves the dripping brush around. "This is so gross. I'm done."

"Quit getting it all over the carpet!" Holden squeaks as he grabs for the toilet brush and rushes back into the bathroom with it. When he comes back, he looks truly angry as he grabs Tate by the arm and hauls him back into the bathroom.

"Keep cleaning," I hear him say, and when he comes back out he gives me a tired look of exasperation.

"Sure I can. I have lots of toilets he can scrub," I grin, and he returns it with his crooked one that curls my toes.

"Thanks baby. How will I ever make it up to you?" He asks lowly as he picks me up and when I wrap my legs around his waist, he cups my bottom in his palms and squeezes gently as he kisses me hard.

"I swear you guys have a sex problem," Tate gasps, and Holden sighs into my mouth as he puts me down and turns to Tate.

"And you have a listening problem," he growls as he spins Tate back around and pushes on his back as he walks him toward the bathroom again.

~*~

When I get to the bar in the morning, the sunlight is pissing me off. Does it always have to look so happy? Morning time isn't happy...It's the time of day where I actually think about throwing things at people...and loud, cheery birds.

The bell dings and when I look up, the three people that I love more than anything come waltzing in, and suddenly my mood instantly starts to turn.

"Morning baby," he grins as he comes over and kisses my head, handing me a cup of coffee.