~60~ Best Friends Keep Secrets

Friends!

I'm going to be honest with you. I have some big things coming up in my personal life, and I'm going to be unable to write during that time (or I should say, I'll be unable to produce anything of quality and substance.)

I've decided that I'm going to end this first book of Dance In The Rain, and then when I'm able to focus on it again, I'll create a sequel.

This story ISN'T ending, but I am going to pause for a while until I can come back and create a strong sequel. I'll be wrapping up this first book in the next week or two, and I'll come back in a few months.

Please understand that although I love this story and these characters, my real life has to come first. I'm sure most of you do understand, and for that I'm so, so thankful. Please don't PM me or harass me in the comments, demanding a status on my return. That just makes me cranky :)

I love you all! If you've read my other stories, I hope you understand that I'll never leave you without a true, strong ending...So that is my goal for these next few weeks. I'm actually excited, because I'll end some of these storylines and be back to create fresh ones! I haven't decided if the sequel will continue on in this book, or if I'll create an entirely new book with a new title. Let me know your opinions on that in the comments!

Thanks for sticking with me while I continue having two worlds. One where I get to create the outcome that I want, and one where I'm just along for the ride ❤️

Xoxo

Lucy

~*~

I cry myself to sleep, and I don't even hear Tate come in and sit on the edge of my bed until I feel his fingers running through my hair softly and his gentle "Jules" floating in the stillness.

When I open my gritty, swollen eyes, it takes me a minute to see his face in the darkness. The moonlight is illuminating his features, making him look strangely sad and concerned.

"I overheard Holden talking tonight....What the hell is going on?" He finally asks.

That's all I needed for the temporary dam to break apart, unleashing my torrential tears once more. I start heaving, and he sighs as he climbs in next to me and pulls me tight against him.

"She broke up with me," I sob in his chest, while he covers us both up with my fleece blanket.

"No she didn't," he croons in my ear as his fingers trace up and down my spine, immediately relaxing my shoulders. I nuzzle into him as he silently tickles my back gently with his fingers, something he's never done before.

I haven't had a back rub in years. I forgot how much I love them.

"Who is hurting her?" He asks after about ten minutes, and I shake my head against his collarbone.

"I can't tell"

"Why?"

"She may have broken up with me, but I haven't with her. She's still my best friend."

He's silent as my words settle, and the gentle thrumming of his heart relaxes me further.

"I really can't stand her, but I hate the thought of her being hurt. Nobody deserves that, Jules."

"I know"

"Holden is going to take care of this, Julianne."

I chuckle humorlessly as I snuggle deeper into the crook of his neck and let myself start drifting into unconsciousness.