~15~ Makes Me Feel Powerful

This isn't a bonus! I'm posting early because I won't have time to post this on Friday...If you're in the states and celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you eat all the Turkey until you fall asleep, and carb up on all the rolls and mashed potatoes. I'm thankful for each and every one of you who gave this story a chance, and continue escaping with me into this fantasy land. Love you all!

Holden's POV

I call the kids back in and Tate looks like he's about to be sick. After a few minutes of silence as I continue to process, he clears his throat.

"Holden, please don't use the belt. I know you said that I would get it, but please?"

"Jules, would you mind going into your room and watching tv for a bit? I'm going to have Sylvie out here since this involved her."

"Sure," she says softly as she goes to her room, and I turn my attention back on Tate.

"Tate, I have to. I told you I would if you ever drank again. I have to be consistent, and I'm going to be."

"But Holden, I'm sorry!"

"Help me understand this, because I'm still confused," I say as I cross my arms and lean against the wall. Tate shifts uncomfortably as he sits down on the couch and looks at his hands in his lap.

"You could see that Sylvie was going insane, so instead of asking her how you could help, you got someone to sneak you a beer?"

His eyes shoot up as he glares at me. "That isn't what happened at all! I was sitting with Jules and she came up to me. She said somebody had given her an extra one on accident and she didn't want to be a sloppy drunk. She asked if I wanted it."

"Why the heck would you say yes?!?!"

"I don't know? The girl was hot!!"

I roll my eyes and glance at Sylvie, who is visibly getting angry all over again.

"You took advantage of how busy it was, and the fact that I was gone, Tatum."

"Ok, Ernie," he mumbles, and I cannot decide if I actually heard him right.

"*Not the time*" Sylvie fake coughs, and I look at her in horror.

Did those traitors tell her my middle name?!?!

"What did you just call me?" I ask as my voice drops an octave.

"Sir, I called you sir. I'm sorry," Tate says, looking like he has big regrets.

"Wow..we're coming back to that later.....Damn.....the beer. What were you thinking? If she would've lost her liquor license she'd be done for. I can't believe you did this, Tate."

"I told her I was sorry."

"Well sometimes sorry isn't enough. This is a really, really big deal. You're in big trouble, young man."

He blows out a breath as he simply nods, and continues to stare at his hands.

"I told you I would never humiliate you, and I'm keeping that promise. Sylvie should be here, but if you don't want her to be then I'll respect that."

"I don't want Quinn here," he snaps as his face turns a deep shade of red.

I don't even have to look at her, but I see her leave through the front door out of the corner of my eye, and it makes me smile.

I love her so damn much

"Stand up and bend over the couch, Tate," I say as I start unbuckling my belt, feeling like I'm gonna puke.

I've only ever seen it done. I've never done this before

"Can't we talk about this?" He asks in an octave higher than normal.